a month of NC

lilly36

Well, it has been seven weeks since the break up and one full month of NC. I still feel burned (cheating bastard!) but life goes on and time does heal. I only break down and cry about once a week now instead of everyday. I am getting to the point where I know he doesn't deserve any of my time, thoughts or attention, but I'm not there yet.

Have you ever seen that commercial, I think it is for a cell phone, where the girl is talking about going thru a break up- and the last thing you do is delete the guys number from your phone, and it asks if if you are sure you want to delete, and she says yeah, I'm sure! Or when Carrie deleted Big on Sex and the City? I'm not there yet, but I'm close.

So here's to picking yourself off the floor, restoring your dignity, and getting to the point where you give them all the big middle finger.

Or at least just deleting them from your cell phone.

that moemnt you delete them from your phone is a moment that lifts the soul up! Its like deleting them from your life :D

Glad things are going well so far and I hope they continue!

UT_longhorn

one month is a good milestone lilly. keep up the good work.

why hold on to a phone number of someone who cheated on you? for what purpose? delete it and don't look back!

But remember, in the end Carrie ends up with Big. He says "You're the one, Carrie. You were the one all along and I was just too stupid to see it." (or something like that)

I hate that ending in SATC. It was frankly a ploy to appeal to all the women viewers who hated Alexander and wanted Big. Alexander was nice, he just did not want children. He treated her very well. But Carrie got all scared and ran off to Paris.

The chances of an unavailable man like Big suddenly coming around and saying you are the one, after cheating on her, then cheating with her with his wife, then moving to Paris, and then to California..was NIL. In real life anyway.

In real life the chances of Carrie getting to wear designer dresses all the time woud also be NIL. Too much SATC rant here. :D

I still say throw the phone number away. Thats the first thing I do after a breakup.

• Author

I agree- the Big-Carrie together ending was totally for the story books-

and exactly how does one afford to wear designer clothes, eat out ALL the time, and live in a nice apartment all on just writing one column a week-

but, even with it's flaws, SATC is my favorite show.

Screw Big and Alexander, ummm, remember that hot, sweet guy Aiden?

I adore Aiden. But actually, I like Harry alot too.

But enough SATC stuff

I find that throwing away the phone number also helps me keep away from the embarassing drunk dialing that inevitably happens and where you lose your dignity.

Here's a reason why you should delete his number: Ask yourself 'Why hasn't he called or contacted you?' Is he sweating over not hearing your voice or missing being with you? Then let him make the effort.

yeah, but you still remember their number (or their email address) so it doesn't help much......

and in time it will fade from your memory. I mean seriously you still remember the phone number or first bf?

as for e-mail address, hell yeah delete. your other option is to keep it as a momemto that this guy really cares about you but he's just too busy to see how you're doing...that's all.

• Author

I did it. I deleted him from my phone. There wasn't this wave of spirit-lifting emotion I expected, but it's good. It was the right thing to do.

And yes, I still remember his phone number. But I'll forget it. Eventually.