responding to contact...

InLimbo2

ok - so ex and I had 2 years of on again/off again relationship - he's a committmentphobe - or at least was. Anyway - so now he's on second gf since me (in less than 6 months) - told me couple of months ago he was serious bout her and she's gonna move in in a few months - I was shocked - he ain't ready for that and won't bore you with all the details - but he really ain't. Anyway - soooo - I told him no contact - period - if he was that serious bout her - he was her man now and no contact tween us. Keep in mind - this time I have managed no contact - never could before - but he tries every few weeks - and lasttime got a "what part of no contact don't you understand - NO contact". He wants to be 'friends' - I don't.

The only tie left between us was our riding club (motorcycles). He basically managed to push me outta our chapter and the one social event I always attended and he didn't - poker games. Rather than leave the organization outright - I helped out a chapter more local to me - and quickly was asked to transfer and take an Officer position - so now we are on the same level - both officers - 2nd officers - neighboring chapters. I have the first big ride planned and announced - he was VERY upset when I asked him to not come - so let it sit a few weeks and asked again - he refused to answer. So a friend who's an officer of another chapter asked and told him to do the right thing - stay away from me and my chapter. I"m also very new - only about 400 miles on my bike I'm 5'3", 130lbs, and it's a 650cc crotch rocket. It's my ride coming up - and I need to be payin attention and not distracted - safety issue as well as I just don't want him there.

Yesterday he posted in response to me saying I was going riding - that he was gonna be up in this area himself and I should take rain gear as it was calling for some - why? why would I care where he's riding? I have detected what I think may be some trouble tween he and the new gf tho.

So yesterday I go out with a friend to do the pre-ride - 100 miles, some rain, u-turns, gravel, quick stop at light....whole bunch of new stuff I learned. Well - get almost home and was alone and laid my brand new bike down. Was slow speed - I had on all my gear - so not a scratch on me. Bike didn't fare as well - but nothing major - can all be fixed. I posted on our state bike board (sorta like here but all about bikes) - and he read it and IMMEDIATELY emailed me. First - he knows I don't wanna be friends - he knew I was not hurt - so why email me? And he sounds like he still doesn't get that this is not a passing anger I have that will fade in time - I don't want to ever be friends with him (for a whole bunch of reasons). I do understand exigent circumstances - I'd broken no contact one time on boards in response to him talkin bout his father's cancer was back. So I did respond and tell him thanks for concern, I'm fine, and in relation to what he thought happened to cause the accident. Why can't this man just leave me alone no matter what? Last time he emailed me about a post I 'bit him' hard - I'm not giving him any indication I want contact or any openings.

Here's the email back and forth - what is up with this guy?

from him:

I'm calling a temporary truce and waving a white flag.

I'm glad to hear that you're ok even if the bike has a couple new battle scars. Guess now you got an excuse got those bling bling carbon fiber brake/clutch levers ;-).

You do have a tough driveway for a bike. You gotta be very careful to square up on it and hit that bump straight on... slow and easy. Hit it at too much of an angle the front tire will slide along it instead of climbing it...and well you know the rest.

Again I'm glad to hear you're ok.

Take care,

*his name*

from me:

there is no war to need a truce

thank you for the concern for my safety

I was already in the driveway, I am still figuring out what I did wrong - takes me awhile