What is going on with this kid?

teethbrushes

teethbrushes

My ex and I have been broken up for over a year now. he broke up with me and wanted to stay friends, however I did not at first. After the dust settled and I got over it, I decided I wanted to be friends with him. He, did not claiming it was too difficult, but he never explained why it was difficult. he told me to give him some time and space, which I did.

This is a crucial piece of info before I continue: We got to a small college together, the size of a high school, and he is my literal neighbor...same building, same floor. Lots of mutual friends. After we broke up he joined my brother fraternity, etc.

So let me continue.

This semester things seemed to be going okay. He would be more nice to me, so I thought maybe this guy does want to just be friends. I didn't want to read into it.

He sent me an e-mail out of the blue encouraging me for an event that I'm putting on and how fantastic it sounded and how impressed he is with me. I told him thank you.

I went to a concert and noticed him staring at me. My friend then pointed it out saying "Oh man, this kid is seriously staring right at you."

Later that week my computer broke and I needed someone to fix it. I IMed him and he tried to help me via AIM but couldn't so I figured I'd find someone else. Then he SHOWED UP at my door (which is weird because this kid like does not like to initiate contact) asking if he could see it. I said no and I'd fix it. I then saw him and told him maybe I did need him to fix it, I was just kind of taken aback by him showing up at my room. He came over at least 5 times to fix it, one time while I was away. My roommate let him in and he sent IMs from my computer to people...which kind of pissed me off but whatever.

After he came over, he saw me the next day and asked if everything was good and anything else needed to be fixed or if he needed to come over for anything. I said no, I was good. And then he began to act sort of rude to me like waving to everyone except me, etc. After a day or so, he started to act normal again.

I started thinking about him and how I'm graduating this semester and he'll still be here. Its doubtful that I'll ever see him again, so I wanted him to know I wanted to remain friends with him. After we broke up he dated another girl, we'll call Gina. He and Gina are still friends and write on each other's myspace's in a friendly way, etc. There is little to no weirdness between him and Gina, but with me he'd rather DIE than write on my myspace wall, although he sends me messages through myspace frequently.

So since we were each other's first serious relationships, I wanted to make sure he knew once I left I wanted to stay in contact with him. I said I recognized that we weren't meant for each other, but I still wanted to talk to him once in a while. My friends proof read it and liked it, said it wasn't weird or anything.

But not only has he failed to respond, he has acted downright RUDE to me since then. I really don't get it. My friends say it can't be that he's angry that I said we'd never get back together in so many words, but....what else would it be?! He's brushed me off when I've just said hi to him from afar, but has continued staring at me.

WTF?! Someone tell me what this kid is thinking?!:mad:

• Author
teethbrushes

I should also tell you he has not been involved with a girl since July and when he helped me with my computer (one of the times), he was half an hour late to his meeting he was supposed to go to.