Ever feel like the fates are mocking you?

KittenMoon

So I went to do my taxes this morning at H&R Block. The location I used last year (w/ my ex, sadly) is right on the corner of a street next to my ex's friend's old apt. I went and what do I see as I go to park? My ex's car at her place and then I remember she was moving into her new apt today. I wasn't at all surprised that he was there- she only has a tiny coupe and he has a big Explorer and the back was open- I expected he would be helping her move. It was just an annoying, painful shock to know he was RIGHT THERE and I could have just walked over or waited to see him. Instead I dodged into H&R Block and then peaked around the corner when I left to make sure they were gone. It was a healthy does of luck they weren't right there when I drove up.

I've been trying SO hard to minimize him in my life, especially after the callous way he treated me when we last spoke. But then he sent me that email about missing me the other day and now this!

I feel like I'm being mocked trying to avoid him.

And it's very hard since I've been out with friends (COUPLES >groan<) and seeing all the intimacy and caring that goes one between them and knowing he's no longer going to be there with me. I have missed him acutely lately, even though I also feel like I am better off w/o him.

Sorry to hear that things are so rough for you. It does seem like when we try to avoid something that has a hold on us, fate redoubles its efforts to make us fail. Take a deep breath, throw back your shoulders, and put on your game face. The tougher the fight is, the sweeter the rewards will be. Hang tight - you'll be alright!