coping with life

hurtbeyondwords

hurtbeyondwords

Are you doing what you want to do? are you following your spirit? Im reading a book right now that teaches you to open your eyes to the world. I had never realized that I was hiding. My relationship was a comfort zone. Now that I don't have my relationship to hide behind I see that I was not being true to myself. I am working on discovering the true me. Has anyone else been living with their eyes shut?

Has anyone else been living with their eyes shut?

I probably did for my first 50 years, 25 of which I was married to the wrong person. Life has been ever so much better since. I divorced, a few years later married a true friend I'd known for five years, I changed career patterns, achieved my pre-retirement goal in terms of position, level and responsibility and in a few years will retire and enjoy life as I will have also met my financial goals. The latter are modest but will afford a retirement free from worry and want.

I strongly recommend forcing those eyes open and taking a good look at yourself and you life, as well as the world around you.

• Author
hurtbeyondwords

50 yrs... wow. I truley hope that it does not take me that long to have my eyes opened. I know how easy it is to fall into routine.

I always thought that I was so comfortable around my ex and I was being "me". Well, the reason I placed quotes around this was because I have recently discovered that I was not myself. I was sheltered and hidden from the real world. I never wanted to explore what the world had to offer because I was only interested in my ex. As pathetic as this sounds, he had me wrapped around his finger. Since moving out on my own and discovering life, mine has gotten nothing but better. The relationship was stunting my growth as a human being. I too am continuing to learn who I am, and I must say it is a fabulous feeling.

• Author
hurtbeyondwords
Ah, but the next 50 years are going to be wonderful!

:) I wish you the best for your next 60 years!!

• Author
hurtbeyondwords
I always thought that I was so comfortable around my ex and I was being "me". Well, the reason I placed quotes around this was because I have recently discovered that I was not myself. I was sheltered and hidden from the real world. I never wanted to explore what the world had to offer because I was only interested in my ex. As pathetic as this sounds, he had me wrapped around his finger. Since moving out on my own and discovering life, mine has gotten nothing but better. The relationship was stunting my growth as a human being. I too am continuing to learn who I am, and I must say it is a fabulous feeling.

I am going to finally see the ocean and mountains soon. I would never had taken the step closer to finding myself while with someone. How did you learn to get past the scariness of it all?

How did you learn to get past the scariness of it all?

Sometimes, I am still incredibly scared. However, eventhough the closeness I had with my ex is gone, my friends/family are so much closer to me its unbelievable. So, they have been there to support me whenever I need to talk. However, at this point they are pretty much sick of hearing about things! As general as this sounds, I am getting over the fear of it all by just thinking positive and taking a lot of time on my own. For me, it just has taken quite a bit of time away from the relationship and my ex and time away from all forms of contact to totally be able to focus on myself. Eventually you just get into your own little "groove" and you will enjoy it. I know it is possible, because my own hapiness used to depend on every move my ex made. And I know if I can change, anyone can! ;)

Im reading a book right now that teaches you to open your eyes to the world.

What's the name of the book and author?

• Author
hurtbeyondwords
What's the name of the book and author?

Take the Step: The Bridge Will Be There

by Grace Cirocco