anyone move?

hurtbeyondwords

hurtbeyondwords

has anyone moved after their breakup to bring clarity or start fresh? Has it helped?

After my LDR, I did move for a career; it has helped me get new friends to remove my breakup woes.

The LDR after that just went poof; I ended it before I moved and didn't give her my number or address.

I was forced to move because I lived with my ex. However,at first, to save money I moved in with my parents. Three months later I moved to my own place. It has helped A LOT. Just being somewhere else where there are no memories and starting fresh has done wonders for my "recovery". However, as I recently found out, my ex just moved in with his new gf about 3 or 4 blocks from me. Ouch..At first, I was always paranoid of running into them, but I have settled into my own little life now and don't worry about it as much. I cannot tell you how much moving has helped though. I am surrounded by completley different people and places and it has truley helped.

Depends on the length of the relationship. I eventually moved and i had to build an entirely new social group around me. All my friends choose her over me because i went to another school. It sucked but i moved on campus and things are better as long as i stay positive. I do suffer from depression though. You just gotta keep trying things until something makes you happy.

my husband is breaking up with me and he wants ME to move.

gutted. it will probably be best in the long run but its difficult to pack bags and move when all you want to do is stay in your home.

i moved home from school to be with her because our relationship was becoming hard to hold (she asked me to move home). she then breaks up with me after i came home and setup my work. after six months of working (i had that committment) i moved back to school to start my graduate work.

its been very tough. though im around my friends, i dont live on campus anymore so its a different style of living. i entered a program i didnt really want, purely so that i would be in a "comfortable" place. i didnt want to do this at this point in my life but i didnt want to stay at home and do nothing but mope and worry about running into her and the guy she left me for.

...i moved and changed my life plans because of her...not FOR ME.

one lesson that Ive learned is that I have to start thinking about myself more. I didnt move before because she wasnt ready to leave. now it's going to be all me. For the first time in my life I am putting me first. It's actually kinda scary. I keep thinking about how my decisions will affect others, Im learning though.

• Author
hurtbeyondwords

one lesson that Ive learned is that I have to start thinking about myself more. I didnt move before because she wasnt ready to leave. now it's going to be all me. For the first time in my life I am putting me first. It's actually kinda scary. I keep thinking about how my decisions will affect others, Im learning though.

I moved two years ago... and if I didn't ignore her calls and change my phone # last year.... she'd STILL be calling me. :p

Yessssss. I moved all the way to GA to live with friends. Freakin' *drove* 1,000's of miles away from him.

I used to be a bit of an impulsive & adventerous person. Now, I bitch when I gotta just leave the house to go to the store.

Yessssss. I moved all the way to GA to live with friends. Freakin' *drove* 1,000's of miles away from him.

I used to be a bit of an impulsive & adventerous person. Now, I bitch when I gotta just leave the house to go to the store.

Were you moving closer or further from your family ?

Were you moving closer or further from your family ?

I don't have any family. Just me. :)

I moved to GA so my kid's could be closer to their dad. I gave up on my happiness at the time, and was just concentrating on theirs. Didn't work out as good as I thought it would. But, it was quite and experience.

WeaknPowerless

She was supposed to have moved this October (we were both moving away together. bah), but it's looking like she could be here another year.

I want nothing more then her to be gone. I feel like picking up and leaving sometimes, but I refuse to have someone affect me to that degree, so I bare with it.

This is my 2nd post on this thread and pretty much I have made up my mind about pursuing a job / new career.

The new career would require a move and depending on the job or the job picking me. It could anywhere in the world, literally.

What is funny with my case is that, when I moved for after a LDR; it was when I graduated college with my BS and I started a new job / career.

Now this is happening, a repeat of history literally. I'm gradauating with graduate degree, new job and moving away from ex.

Very weird to have history repeat itself. At least I'm improving myself... :)

• Author
hurtbeyondwords
This is my 2nd post on this thread and pretty much I have made up my mind about pursuing a job / new career.

The new career would require a move and depending on the job or the job picking me. It could anywhere in the world, literally.

What is funny with my case is that, when I moved for after a LDR; it was when I graduated college with my BS and I started a new job / career.

Now this is happening, a repeat of history literally. I'm gradauating with graduate degree, new job and moving away from ex.

Very weird to have history repeat itself. At least I'm improving myself... :)

Good for you! You are doing something for yourself and that is the best thing you can do. I wish you luck!!

reservoirdog1

When XW called off our short-lived attempt at reconciliation following her revelations of serial infidelity, I moved out. I suppose I could have said "f*ck that, you wrecked the marriage, YOU move out." But in fact, I wanted to move. I didn't want to be stuck living in the desecrated marital home, full of crappy memories. I wanted a fresh start, where I wasn't surrounded by reminders of her.

So, before moving out, I made sure I wasn't taking with me anything that would remind me of her. I chucked out a pile of letters and cards she'd written me over the years, a couple of items of clothing she'd given me. I denied myself access to pictures of her -- I left the photo albums, the wedding album, the wedding china, etc. with her. I deleted all the digital photos of her from my computer.

It definitely didn't make the whole experience a bed of roses, but it did help, at least in a small way.

TravelLight

We moved initially for the relationship to a totally different location. It turns out later she actually knew a lot of people in the area while I had moved away from everyone I knew.

I had no choice but to find a new place when the relationship was over. I was told not to go back to the house by the family and was living out of a suitcase for a while. She ended the relationship.

I eventually got a place not too far away (had work commitments now) and had to go back and pick up the rest of my stuff when she was out. Probably the hardest thing I've done in my life. I was paid for the furniture as if none of it meant anything to me.

It's been a while now and I sit in the new flat and I feel like I should maybe move again, somewhere totally new. These four walls have seen a lot of me if you know what I mean. She has a totally new life close by as well, so maybe it's time to go.

I have had no apologies or remorse for the way I was treated. Just lessons learnt for me and a bit of my faith in people gone.

I wonder if I'll ever actually settle?