happy b-day text message???

Dinnj1

LD 'friend' of 8 years, who has NO time for me anymore... sends a happy b-day text message... after ignoring 3 days of my texts. Should I even acknowledge it? IMO, at least have the descency to make a two minute phonecall. I almost feel insulted... like the ONLY reason she even sent it was because she must've felt like she had too. Not a big deal, I know, but I don't know if I should simply say thanks. Blow it off completely... or fire back with something cocky. Just venting here... bitterness is setting in. :o

same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago... we had been dating for over 7 months and she broke up with me 4 days before my b-day... well she sends me a text message the day of and i just deleted it...

several days later, however, it really started getting to me and i felt insulted... she always complained about how other people couldn't even bother calling her and she does the same thing to me... plus she went out with her friends the night before, so i heard from a friend of mine...

it still upsets me a little... but her actions reinforce the fact that she was all talk and no walk... and just as guilty of doing things as everyone else... if she doesn't have the time or decency to call you, then f*ck her... maybe she's doing the both of you a favor though because she might just sound dry or indifferent, hence her need to hide behind electronic communication...

hope you feel better...

• Author

well, she had sent me a long email yesterday saying she wished I had lived closer... but because of her current situation (divorce) she has to keep her distance from me to sort out her feelings and decisions. I had wrote her back and got no response. Text-none, text again, NONE!... Then this morning my phone starts ringin' off the hook, everyone but her calling. Then I get her text message. I haven't acknowledged it yet, but tempted to fire back with "Thanks for taking the time, I hope your fingers aren't sore." OR an "Are you serious?" But that would be immature... and at the same time, feel pretty damn good.

there are so many things is wanted to tell her, write to her, show her, etc... but part of being the better person, if that's what you're striving for, is resisting saying/doing anything spiteful...

if you show her anger or contempt, she'll know, indirectly, that she still has control over your emotions... if you show her nothing, and she really did care about you, she'll begin to pry more into your life, otherwise if she doesn't she is probably a very shallow and empty person to no longer care... while she may be abiding to nc, as caliguy says: *if she really wanted you, neither hell nor high water would stop her*

I don't think there's anything to gain by being acid/bitter/sarcastic/etc...

In the worst case, it might hurt the other one or piss them off, depending on what they still feel about you (generally speaking here). They may retaliate, hurting you in kind. The brief satisfaction you may get from the sarcasm (and it _will_ be brief), imho, is not justified by the amount of pain you may inflict on them, and they may further inflict on you.

So you may stand to lose something. Is there anything to gain from it ? Nothing else other than that brief satisfaction, like I said. Is it worth it ? I guess it's up to everybody's own judgement, but in my opinion it's not.

• Author

I simply responded with a 'thanks'.

4 hours later she responded with 'you're welcome'

Caught her online, said hello... she logged off immediately.

So I txt'd her that 'she was the only one I really wanted a phone call from today, and the only one who didn't... and her point was now understood.'

If it's space she was lookin' for... she's got it. It's just disappointing... for years, I've answered every phone call, text.. email. Never once shut her out, made her wait, put her off. No matter where or what I was doing... I gave her my time. Never raised my voice during small tiff's, never called her names, and never once judged her for all the ridiculous mistakes she made that I forewarned her about. Listened to her tell me she loves me, listened to her take it back.... listened to her tell me again... Kissed her @ss AND the f'n ground she walked on... and I can't get a 2 minute Happy F'n Birthday wish? I'm an idiot.

Let this be a lesson to all and everyone who's waitin' for THAT call...

When someone cares about you, genuinely? They will sure as hell AND can take two minutes out of their day to say so. And if they can't/don't? Then they really don't give two shi*s about you one way or another.

Wow, I kinda feel better. F! Her!