My BAD situation......

Phily

I was in a relationship with my boss's married 30yo daughter for the past year (she had many reasons to enter into an affair with me, one being she is in a kind of arranged marriage). She ended our relationship 2 weeks ago because she told me she was overwhelmed by guilt and has no "peace" in her life. She told me that she was on the verge of a breakdown because she just couldn't take what she had been doing anymore. It was difficult for the past few months because I tend to be the jealous type, always questioned her relationship with her husband. I know it was probably the best thing for her to do but I do hurt a lot and I do love her intensely. But at the same time I feel as though a weight has been lifted off of me too. No more sleepless nights thinking about her and him, no more holidays alone, no more uncertainty. But the bad thing is, we work together and it is proving to be much more difficult than I thought it would've been. She is trying to keep our friendship but at the same time it comes across as if she is trying to block out everything that happened with us and that's painful. It's just SOOO hard! I can't block out my emotions and I want to respect her decision. I have a great job but I have been forced to begin searching for something else. Does anyone have any advice for me in this bizarre situation I have gotten myself into?

The pain will not subside while you are in contact with this woman. Also, things might change and she'll come back to you again - for a while, then dump you again and you'll feel even WORSE. Her marriage is messed up, sure, but clearly you're less important to her than keeping up appearances.

Take all your energy and your time and concentrate it on finding a new job - a job even better than this one. It could be the launch pad of a great career move and maybe meeting someone else who is available. Its possible that this will get you a step out of the bottom of this pit in which you've found yourself. If you stay and pine for your lost married woman, you'll be digging.