healing process

Brittanyjean06

Brittanyjean06

It has been 5 months- most of you know, during the first cuple of months, waking up was crucial...it heart so bad the instant i opened my eyes- You all know that feeling-.......but now, it doesn't hurt as bad- and its not the first thing i think about in the morning, after 5 minutes it is....and i think about it alot( believe me i am still not over this, what so ever)....

but isn't that a good start??

who has seen any difference, in their healing process..

It does hit me, sometimes it hits me real hard- is this me getting over it, me just being used to it,....sometimes i feel like i should be MIserable- and i am when it hits me.......sorry if thats confusing lol

you know, they say sometimes it takes more than a year to fully get over a serious relationship.

Its been a year for me and I am more or less finally over it, to the point where I can date other people. I see my ex everyday unfortunately, however his appearance isn't what it used to be, which REALLY helps since I am no longer physically attracted to him any longer. Its weird, when i talk to him and when we've hung out, I've really found that I am able to see how wrong we are for each other, etc....however he'd rather not hang out with me on a regular basis because he doesn't really have an interest in being friends until he's "ready".

But my point is, that eventually you WILL start to get over it, and that in itself is scary. Give yourself time. Like I said, it takes some people a year or two years to fully, 100% recover.

Therapists will say that this is like death, and sometimes even worse because the person rejected you/you rejected someone you wish you hadn't. My own mother even told me that when her ex-fiance dumped her (not my dad obviously, she met him later and is still with him after almost 30 years...so you see things work out!) she really "lost" it and said that she doesn't think anything hurts worse besides having a parent die.

Almost everyone goes through this, but it doesn't lessen the pain. Almost everyone goes through the death of a loved one too, but that doesn't lessen the pain. I don't know anyone who hasn't felt this way...even people who are still with their "first loves", most of them have broken up for several months at a time and been miserable like you and I both were.

You'll be fine eventually. Just give yourself time to heal! A good indicator of whether you're ready to date or not is this: when the subject of exes comes up with a new guy, are you able to talk about it and keep it short, or does the story go on FOREVER to the point where the guy is like "OMIGOD, WTF?!" lol....

slubberdegullion

Britt, this is perfectly normal. There's nothing peculiar about what you're experiencing at all. Every day will bring it's new challenges and opportunities, and some days will be better than others. But if you could chart your feelings on a graph, you'd notice that over the long term the pain and angst will subside naturally.

So relax, you're doing perfectly fine.

• Author
Brittanyjean06

Thanks- oh yeah i know that it will take a little over a year and possibly two to get over him-- but years go by, time goes by fast- even when your hurting,

what i was trying to post is just saying that it got a little better- and It doesn't hurt as much-- but its still veryyyyy painful!

slubberdegullion

Britt, c'mon over to my place. I'll help you forget allllll about him! :love::bunny:

yea, yea, I know... I'm such a (insert naughty description here)