Ex sent me a merry xmas email do i respond?

queenie01

How recent is he an ex?

As long as you take it for what it's worth, and don't read into it - Say Merry Christmas back. If the ex contacting you COULD mean something else, then maybe it's best not to write back. I don't know what else to say because I don't know your situation and whether or not it will do harm or good.

• Author

We broke up over 7 months ago and neither of us have dated anyone seriously since then. He broke up with me out of the blue and we had the most amazing relationship, he just felt something was missing. I was devasted and hurt and still miss him

We work for the same company but do not see each other often and when we do see each other we dont talk. Last week was the first time we had a conversation in person in a LONG time. He just told me his goals and what hes been up to etc...

I know it was a nice jesture for him to do but i dont understand the point. We arent friends so why bother? I think he is just seeing if i will reply. Last xmas we were together and it was so awesome...this year we are both alone.

MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

So that's why my ex-bf didn't respond to my Merry Christmas text message (the email came back undeliverable).

I'm just used to keeping in touch with ex's I guess. He was the guy I had an affair with to help me out of my marriage. It was hot, steamy, wonderful, and out of the blue he forgot how to use the phone when he was out of town working for 4 months after we dated for 6.

I sent my ex a Xmas card and I now regret it. It was a simple card with just my signature attached - no message. I wanted to make a nice final gesture but as he hasn't sent me a card I just once again realized he could care less and the chapter is closed - time to move on!

Don't respond to his email - he's just wanting you to keep the door open for further pain and misery.

I sent a card too, Natalie. Just signed my name. If she sees the cards I sent her family she will probably go WTF? (I sent them a personal message but didn't send one to her.) Yes, I'll probably sound bitter but given the way she treated me I think it was fair. They treated me well, she did not.

If you still feel that you want him back, don`t respond. If you`ve moved on, and truly moved on, then i guess it might be ok to reply. But IMHO, you shouldn`t unless you want his friendship and have no romantic feelings towards him whatsoever.

• Author

ha ha..thats me!! Too funny!

Well he did speak to me last week but he rarely does. I really want nothing more to do with him because he only talks to me when he feels like it.

I wound up responding but all i wrote was:

"thanks...wish you the best as well!!"

I am at least cordial but thats it and going into 2006, im thru with him!

• Author

exactly...he never cheated or did anything prior to our breakup..up until that day we were best friends and in love. Something just went screwy in his head...im not so sure he even knows what happened.

I will always care for him but cant hold on to hope any longer.

Queenie, my advice would have been to not reply (the same as I am doing). Whatever his motives were for breaking up is insignificant right now. What's most important is for you to move on and heal up. He's screwed up and doesn't know what he wants but in the meantime there's no reason for you to hang around.

Heal up, cut him out of your life and find that man you've been waiting for. He's out there, I promise.

• Author

Thanks Cali guy...i can assure you that i am done with him tho...and the only reason i responded was to be cordial. My response was just a professional response, no emotions involved... trust me I would have loved to write more to him but i know it will get me no where..so wishing him the best was just enough.

I am finally at the point where i know i do deserve better!!

Im sure that most of you wouldnt have responded but seeing as we do work for the same company i wanted to be cordial.

• Author

and just like you cali guy i sent his family a card but not him!!!

Sorry buddy you arent worthy..i hope he sees it on xmas eve and feels like an A$$!!!!

and just like you cali guy i sent his family a card but not him!!!

Sorry buddy you arent worthy..i hope he sees it on xmas eve and feels like an A$$!!!!

Does anybody read your parents cards when you go over their house.. I don't..

So he will never know

MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

That's the first thing I do when I go to my parents' house. I read all the christmas cards and letters because most of them were meant for the "family" even though us kids are all grown.

I even saw the card and pic my exH sent of him and the kids. It's a great pic...I wonder if I'll get one?

My ex sent me a merry christmas e-mail:rolleyes:

I did send a card to her mom and brother nothing to her didn't reply to the e-mail.

• Author

I doubt thats the reason he acts the way he acts...oh well its all said and done now anyways.

2006 will be a year to start over and he will not be part of it for me. I gave him 7 months to redeem himself...obviously his single life is all that he ever hoped for.

:laugh: looks like pretty much everyone got a "merry xmas" from their ex:rolleyes: why?? Anyway good luck with everything Queenie :) Much love xxI always wonder about you every now and then and how you are copeing

• Author

Thanks Jadey...

I actually had a reality check yesterday...i am so dumb! Why the heck would i give my ex the time of day everytime he resurfaces. I have decided that i am leaving 2005 without him. He will no longer be part of my thoughts in 2006.

I really have to do this...otherwise i will never be able to fully move on.

It sucks because as soon as im getting over him he resurfaces and for basically no reason.