Karma?

NoFaith05

Does anyone in this forum believe in Karma? Does anyone have a good story they can tell about Karma? I really hope that Karma is real, because all I ever did was give my ex all the love, affection, and devotion a man possibly could. She turned around (after calling me the man of her dreams, her soulmate, and the love of her life) and left me for another guy. I thought I was a good judge of character, but I guess I'm not.

I want her to suffer the way that I have. I know that's a very negative thought, but I can't help it. All I can do is hope that one day she experiences this kind of pain. Do I have any hope that Karma will come back to bite her in the ass?

I believe in Karma, however I do not have a good experience of it bringing justice. I feel your pain - my ex-fiance who I've been seeing for 3 years cheated on me with several women over the past year, but it never came to a head until he decided to "go on a break" (so he could focus on one of them more completely). He still hasn't admitted to it, with the evidence blinding him, and even broke up with me over the phone because "I won't deal with this nonsense" he said and never even gave me a good reason for breaking up. I totally feel for you - but I DO believe what goes around comes around. My ex's best friend who spent some time with me (and his wife who I'm good friends with too) told me that he (the best friend) cheated once in HS, and it came and bit him in the ass. Whether you believe the Bible "Be sure you sins will find you out" or that Karma will even the score somewhere, I totally believe it. It may not be immediately, but someday it will find you. Your ex will get payback for her indifference and selfishness.

slubberdegullion

While I'd like to believe in some sort of karma, I just don't see evidence for it. I see people making poor choices and bad decisions, and often those choices have ramifications, but I don't thing there's anything particularly karmaic involved.

After all, if someone has a miserable couple of months, years or decades, does this mean that the universe somehow owes them some happiness?

So, while I'd like to believe that there's some sort of natural balance to even out the loves and evils of one's existence, there isn't any compelling evidence for it.

NoFaith05, don't wait for karma or whatever to bring your wife pain; that's wholly negative. The best revenge is living well.

Live well, my friend.

I don't think karma is that plain.

In other words your ex screws you over so now she ends up with herpes, a drug addict boyfriend, and loses her job.

It is much more subtle. People who bust their butts being good people have "bad things" happen to them. I look at it as a learning experience. Painful at times yes... but there is positive to take out of even the most painful of experiences in life.

Perhaps your good karma allowed her to cheat on you before you ended up married to her or had kids..... saving you much greater pain in the long run... and opening new doors that would lead to greater happiness for you that would not be available if she was in the picture? Who said karma always feels kind?

I think at times obstacles are placed in front of us to help us in the long run, change direction, stop possible further negative input, or just a way to better ourselves.

I also believe that on a subconcious level you either make things happen or stop things from happening..... self sabotage is a form of this in the negative aspect.....I could get into a long drawn out discussion of this.... regardless I use this for teaching and I see it work... visualization and verbal conditioning can create the results you want.

a4a

• Author

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the input. I was wondering, how do I add a picture to my profile? It seems more personal to see who you are talking to.

My personal belief in how kharma works is that it doesn't necessarily fulfill within one lifetime. So if you don't believe in reincarnation, then skip the rest of this post. A person can live a completely bad life, and then on another visit, be the victim of the same or equally devasting evil.

I wouldn't expect a tit-for-tat in this case, but you can at least appreciate that with the severity of how much you got hurt, you will spare others in YOUR future that hurt because you know what it's like. That's wisdom gained, and in a different way, a kind of kharma (for you).

I can appreciate your desire to see bad happen to your ex, but don't let negative emotions take a strong hold of you. Try your best to let it go -- it doesn't do you any good.

Best of luck with the healing...

I sure as hell think its real, lets just say a "friend" lied to her employer about her grandmother dying so she could have an extra few days off to party (dumb, huh). A month later, she had a very WEIRD situation happen @ work where she accidentally transposed two numbers and caused a big rukus in the company (despite her being a loyal -mostly-- employee for 7 yrs) she couldnt save herself because ironically the DAY of training where she would have learned how to prevent/act on this (by correctly using the new system) was the day(s) she played hooky. and 5 mos later -- after being watched like a hawk at work -- she gets fired out of nowhere because they no longer think shes a "good fit".

I also think sometimes these breakups are a blessing in disguise, at the moment we dont see it but in time it becomes clear that everything happens for a reason, including that agonizing break up.

I also think sometimes these breakups are a blessing in disguise, at the moment we dont see it but in time it becomes clear that everything happens for a reason, including that agonizing break up.

Just reading that gave me a bit of hope...I've been putting myself through a wringer trying to find closure to this...I think now I just need to release it all and give up seeking out why did it happen. It just happened.

Exactly. It is this belief alone that is the reason why I am able to cope with break-ups easily. I only wish that more were able to do the same.

Just reading that gave me a bit of hope...I've been putting myself through a wringer trying to find closure to this...I think now I just need to release it all and give up seeking out why did it happen. It just happened.

Once you let it go and accept it (where you are at right now) you'll feel like a million bricks have been lifted off of your shoulders.

Just because a relationship doesnt work doesnt mean its your fault, it just means you werent right for eachother. So be it! And now you can work on bettering yourself for the one who IS right for you. Acceptance is the last step in greiving. It's a liberating feeling, suddenly a whole world of possibility opens up for you. Take it easy, and take care of yourself ;)

This is not how kamma works nofaith. If anything your way of thinking at the moment will "bite you on the ass" as you put it. Going only on what you told us, she did not do anything wrong. She left a relationship she wasn't content with. I know its hard to accept, but if she wasn't happy then she had a right to leave. Any thoughts of revenge or anger will only have a kammic affect on you.

This is not how kamma works nofaith. If anything your way of thinking at the moment will "bite you on the ass" as you put it. Going only on what you told us, she did not do anything wrong. She left a relationship she wasn't content with. I know its hard to accept, but if she wasn't happy then she had a right to leave. Any thoughts of revenge or anger will only have a kammic affect on you.

Excellent point.

He never did mention if she broke up with him before pursuing another relationship. If she did, then you are right, karma is not applied in this situation. However, if she did cheat, then I think that karma will come her way.

• Author

I guess I should say more about what happened. When she broke up with me, which was completely out of the blue (she was very much a happy girl when we were together- I know this for a fact). She stated a bunch of reasons as to why she wanted to leave. She told me that she "wanted to be alone in order to solver her problems". That she "needed to know that being alone was okay- that she doesn't need to be with somebody in order to be happy." She also told me that the break-up had "nothing to do with me, or any other guy". She called me "an amazing person, who she will always love". She also said "I can't be with you right now". This comment left me hanging on for months.

Another big issue was that she didn't want to move to LA in order to be with me (she lives in Seattle). I told her that I would gladly move to Seattle in order to be with her. Then she said "I'm sorry, but I'm just not ready for another serious relationship". I believed her- for 3 months. Then I found out that she had left me for another guy. Her best friend told me that my ex didn't tell me about this because she didn't want to hurt my feelings. She posted a picture of the guy on her My Space page (I was there because she invited me to leave a comment for her). The pic was dated only a few weeks after we broke up. She had a caption under it that read "My boyfriend Jay. Whistler, August 2005". Now, I have to ask, who goes on a weekend get away to Whistler (which is 3 hours from Seattle) on a first date?

By lying to me, she has hurt me more than if she had just told the truth. And by the way, I was a very good boyfriend. I was always there for her, I treated her like a princess, I loved, cherished, and adored her with every fiber in my being. This girl wanted to move in with me, get married, and have a family with me. She changed her mind instantly.