Love Letters on Fire...Read or not to read, that is the question...

legrtova

Hey guys!

So I am slowly moving towards accepting I will not be with the one I love. I have deleted all emails we have exchanged a week ago (almost a 1000:eek:), working on re-building my place so it doesn't remind me of him so much...

Today i want to go to the park we used to go to and burn his love-letters. I want to do that as a closure, ensurance that I have accepted not being with him.

I'm feeling a bit down today, missing him terribly, wanting to see him terribly... I'm guessing it will be a sea of tears when it's burning...but my question is...

Has anyone done this? Do you read the letters for one more time or do you just burn it and go? I'm afraid if I read it I will have hope and memories again. I want to have memories, but not the f***** pain anymore!

Would it be a setback, or a step towards moving forward?

I'm confused. Perhaps it's not time to burn it yet?

I shreded 95% percent of mine .

It was mostly journel pages i had written good and bad,i burned a few but it was time consuming:D

I have some pictures,a movies stub,a few sentimental pieces i put in a box in the basement ,behind the boxes i never touch.

I thought it would be theraputic to burn as to letting that go -its gone -up in flames!

I got rid of mine in two phases- first the one's that didn't really mean anything and then the rest. Right into the dumpster. Did it make me feel better? Not really but I don't regret what I did.