Why won't he stop contacting me?

I just got an email from this guy that I dated in the spring. He drives me absolutely bananas. We've spoken here and there since but it always ends up to be a heated conversation so I decided that I wouldn't talk to him anymore. Today he sends me a snippy email. He's driving me crazy. I don't know what to do with this guy?!?!

If you really don't want to hear from him anymore just send a nice reply back to the effect of

Hey.. I'm sorry it didn't work out between us but I don't feel right talking thru e-mail with people I no longer date..

Hope you understand,

Thanks,

• Author

I tried telling him I couldn't do the friends thing with him since things had just gotten to heated (in a bad way) between us but it made me sad and angry. He won't just stop, I would have to block/delete him. Then I would feel guilty and bitter and I don't want that either. I wish he would just fade out. My friends say to ignore him but again it makes me feel guilty, like I'm the one being a bad person, and it's not like he's even being nice about it.

-awkward situation

Oh.. I didn't realize you have tried to tell him to bug off..

Then I would use LB's advice and block him and don't reply

He may send a few more till he quits but he will quit

That should get rid of the problem.. At this point in time no shouldn't care what he thinks.. Worry about yourself and how you feel being contacted by him..

LucreziaBorgia

I guess the important question is: what it is about him that you are afraid to lose?

There has to be something, or else you wouldn't consider yourself 'weak' and worried about his reaction to you taking self-protective measures.

• Author

I guess I hadn't thought of it that way in terms of losing him. I've never been good at letting go. I think that I really didn't want to be the bad guy nor did I want it to make me feel as though I was angry and bitter.

Hi

I think i there's something about him you don't want to lose, there must be some kind of feeling for him, whatever it may be.

My s/o doesn't want to lose me forever as a friend, she feels she can't be with me, but knows a side to me that she likes!

You say you dated in the spring, i think maybe he misses you & you like something about him, but he hasn't moved on.

I met my s/o the other day to exchange stuff, it was lovely to see her, but too soon, the 'us' issue came up & ended in a row.

Time is needed, like with me, to get over the nastiness that too much contact after a seperation can cause, then maybe you can be friends & the thing you like about him you can enjoy & he won't be so overbearing.

Jeez, why can't i take my advice!