Should I trust my intuition or just call it quits

dreamguy

My last post on this thread must have been back in August 2004 when I met my new gf.

Quick recap of my story: I met a girl in September 2003 and we dated for almost 8 months before she asked for a break in May 2004.

I struggled with the pain for 3 months trying to get back with my ex although I never begged or forced her to come back to me. I just called her every 2 weeks or so until I gave up when I found out she was seeing another guy (someone she dated in the past before she met me).

In August 2004 I met another girl whom I was hesitant to date at first (since I was obviously still in Love with my ex). But this new girl I met was so into me (perhaps because I was aloof and distant) so she started chasing me... calling me... etc... and most of all she traveled a long everytime distance to come see me.

Then she moved closer to my place in October and we hit it off real good... She started talking about her feelings for me until she told me she loved me (on New Year 2004).

Although I never told her I that love her... I still appreciated all the things she did for me and I was touched by the sacrifices she did as well. There's just one little detail: I was never able to get over my ex ! So I kept on calling my ex every 2 months or so. I last called her in mid May and when I asked her "Are you married ?" she said "Yes I'm married". So I wished her the best of luck and told her I was happy she had finally found Love. She replied "I don't love him". Anyway, she asked how I was doing and if I was seeing someone, I said "I was dating someone" and then I ended the conversation.

I don't know what crossed my mind but after hanging up I texted her saying "I was serious when I said I'm happy for you. I know you're happy for me as well. Good luck in life."

A minute later she called me so I answered and I was surprised that she was acting like the first time we met. I mean she was all mushy and she talked for minutes and minutes until I ended the conversation once more.

My dilemma is this: Something tells me she is NOT married ! She just was too proud to admit she was single after she was the one to break up with me ! Otherwise why would she have contacted me back and acted so mushy ? She also said she wanted to call me many times but she just didn't.

What do you guys make of this ? Should I trust my intuition and call her back to test the waters in a delicate way to see if she's really married ? Or should I just let it go and assume she was telling the truth about being married ? Would I be humiliating myself if I called her again ?

I never thought I'd feel so weird almost 14 months after she broke up with me !

VirginiaBob

Dude, if she is married, stay away. If she is not married and is lying about it, also stay away since you don't wan't to be involved with this psychotic liar.

if your not inlove with the girl your involved with now and dont think you ever will be, then you need to be honest about that first as its not fair on her. As for the ex, you only live once so if you want to see if she is telling the truth about bein married then find out, and if she is, stay away, if she's not and its just a cover story, you have to decide if your ready to go through the possibilty of being messed about again. You have to put yourself first and do wot feels right for you

mustangsally

I don't know. If she's married that's tough...she could be lying but that's a BIG lie. I told my ex I had a new boyfriend, which was just kind of a stretch and if asked about it, I'd tell him its over with that guy...because well, it is! I was seeing someone else...

So that is pretty...INTENSE. I think you need to break it off with new girl...and the old girl...trust your intuition always!!