See my ex everyday

Heatemyheart89

Heatemyheart89

Was with him for four months , met at work . Was very intense , but had a lot of problems ( bickering , miscommunications and ultimately wanting different things ). I ended it and he agreed. Thing is he works on my floor , i see him everyday (mon-fri). He also lives really close to me . I feel like I can't recover . Work colleagues think we make a really sweet couple , but them asking me about him hurts . I keep looking at him and it's distracting.

How can I cope seeing my ex everyday at work ? Feels like it hasn't properly ended as I see him all the time . We don't hate each other , but as we are attached to each other it's not a good idea to be 'friends'.anyond got over an ex they worked with ?

I've got depression and the job is killing me as it is awful , but can't afford to quit.

Alas this is the downside of dating a co-worker. Can you move your desk? Are you actively looking for a new job? If not, start.

In the meantime, every day before work say to yourself I'm better off without him & he's just somebody I used to know. Psych yourself up to get through the day.

• Like 1

Wow! This is tough! It is like you never get the chance to heal! I would seriously consider looking for a new job. In my opinion, you need to make a clean break and if you see him every day you can't move on and heal. It isn't the same situation but after my husband died I decided to move to a new state with my kids. Every where I turned was a memory of him or a place we liked to eat or a park we went to or the church we attended. I just couldn't get away from the memories and begin to heal. So, we moved from OH to CA. Everything was different in CA ! No memories of him and no snow at Christmas so the holiday was bearable. You may need a complete change too! I would be open to it. If there was that much trouble and stress in your life you don't want to be dragged back in to that. I will be thinking of you!

H

TurntSloth1

I was in this exact situation not too long ago and it was awful. It then got even worse when she started dating someone else and doing all the usual gossiping that you would in the office, but of course I had to endure those conversations and it tore me apart for weeks.

Ultimately I left the job and don't really have to worry about her anymore. Admittedly that's an extreme thing to do, and for me I was kinda thinking about doing it anyway so the situation just pushed me over the edge, but honestly, working together was unbearable.

I worked in a very small office in my ex (there were no more than 15 of us) and she was on reception. I couldn't go to the toilet, the kitchen or leave/enter the building without having to walk past her front desk. The way I dealt with it was to simply stop talking to her. We used to walk to the station together when we were together but I started going a different way. I stopped chatting about how our day was going and weekend plans etc... and just did my best to pretend she didn't exist until I landed my new job. A quick hello/goodbye as I entered/left the building was it.

If it's an option I'd honestly recommend looking for a new job - don't just quit where you are now if you can't afford to, but get something else lined up then make the switch for your own sanity. In the meantime, just try to avoid him as much as possible in your day-to-day. It's not worth heartache.

You don't have to quit your job now but you do need to start looking for another job. That's the only way to regain your sanity. Sooner or later your ex will start seeing another girl, maybe another one from work and that will hurt you. Start looking for another job now. It sounds like you hate this one anyway.

I'm in a similar situation, this is something you must handle face on, he's not worth quitting your job over especially if you can't find a good alternative, believe me, soon the situation will back to normal and you will soon see him only as a coworker, give it time, focus on your tasks