Adding a kitten to our family...

CrazyKatLady

My son and I finally went and picked out a 3month old kitten that has orange/red hair like my son's. I have to meet with the director of the shelter tomorrow am. We are excited to add a cat to our family of 2 plus a guinea pig and a fish. I might end up like that man from the movie, "We Bought A Zoo." Lol. Coping ok this week. Hope all is getting better for many others here too.

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic

If I could always have a kitten in my house I would. Kittens are the best! What is kitty's name going to be?

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

This is great news!! YEA!!

I remember my first cat. I got her from a shelter, as well. She was already named "Violet".

Honestly, I think she was part dog. She would always greet me when I came home from work. She would sit on my lap (on the couch) and purrrr when I watched TV. Just a real cool cat!!

I am so happy for you and your son!!

• Like 3
  • Author

I think his name is sprinkles...my son wants to change it to rocky. LOL. Can't have a man-cat walking around here with the name sprinkles I guess--can't imagine yelling that name all over the neighborhood looking for the cat if he ever gets out either! I tried to meet with the lady from the animal shelter today, but she never came in, so I left my application, I suppose I will hear from her next week or go back up there. Fingers crossed. Thanks for replying lady and gent.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

I like "Sprinkles" as a name for the kitten/cat. (Boy or Girl cat)

Cat names should be fun and joyful. Sprinkles would always bring a smile to my face. Who doesn't want sprinkles on ice cream... YEA!!

Rocky makes me think of two grown men beating the devil out of one another. (ie the movie). Although "Rocky the Flying Squirrel" did come first...