Heart break when already broken hearted

Pandasaurus12

Pandasaurus12

Long story short: I’ve been in love with my best friend for the better part of a decade. In 2016, she got engaged. It broke me, and I’ve been struggling since then.

In December of 2017, I met a girl. She was wonderful. I thought I could really develop feelings for her over time, and I hadn’t felt that way about anybody except my best friend before. Now, it seems like she’s ghosting me.

I’m tired, hurting, and scared. The wedding is in a year, but I’m scared. I honestly don’t know how I’ll survive it. I tried to heal and move on, but I just keep getting burned.

What do I do?

You should take the things that happened to you as s lesson and think.about it a lot what went wrong. If you established a solid friendship for a long.time it means u established a non.attractive, non.romantic and non.sexual.matter on her on.a very long time. Theres a big difference between being friends and romantically sexually attracted to each.other. Next time know what you want and work on it.

In December of 2017, I met a girl. She was wonderful. I thought I could really develop feelings for her over time, and I hadn’t felt that way about anybody except my best friend before.

There are plenty of fishes in the sea.

The fact that another girl was able to raise feelings in you means you are ready to move on from your best friend.

This is actually a positive step for you. Finding a great girl is not going to be an easy task. You will meet many such weirdos on the way. Don't take it personally and try to learn and enjoy a bit too.

It will be okay. If possible, interact less with your engaged friend and start spending more time in meeting new girls. Come on you are single...!! Enjoy while it lasts :D

I thought I could really develop feelings for her over time, and I hadn’t felt that way about anybody except my best friend before. Now, it seems like she’s ghosting me.

I tried to heal and move on, but I just keep getting burned.

What do I do?

What are you trying to move on from, your decade infatuation to your friend, or the new girl you just met?

Are you sure you like the girl you recently met?

Or you just want distraction from the wedding and you were trying to like her?

I think there is a fundamental difference between, you like a person, and , you hope you can like a person. The latter case, you don't like her but you forced you to "fake it to make it". TBH, she can feel it.

If you truly like the new person you met, why don't you follow up with her? It's still a relative new relationship/dating, you both don't know each other well.