Moving on

CrazyKatLady

:laugh:

I am adopting a kitten/cat tomorrow and I am super excited! I can not wait to hug that little bundle of joy and hear it purr and have the little fluff ball of joy snuggle up to me when I am sleeping.

I feel as though my life is getting back on track after Mr. Change Your Life For Me Because Your Aren't Good Enough has been gone for 6 weeks! I feel my natural, warm, loving, sweet nature coming back and look forward to pouring it out again on the people and animals closest to me in my life.

I am happy that my ex never knew just how much I had already changed my life in order to make myself available to him. I had moved to a new apartment, was single, was in the process of changing my major at college (he was my professor, and I did not want him getting into trouble at the time--should have known he was only looking for one thing, I guess--but I am not built to view the negative aspects of life so well...), had gotten a women's checkup to make sure I was fit for intimacy (I had been with 2 partners in the last decade before this guy came along), and had cut back smoking ciggs to one a week and never smoked around him, and I did all of this without his help. I had changed so much of my life--for the better, because I thought highly of him and wanted to present my best self for him--and he stood me up the first night he asked me to hang out with him. This type of demeaning treatment continued and he treated me like I was a cheap, loose woman. He even told me that after 6 months of this treatment. Was he worth it? No. Not one single bit.

But, I have decided to keep on changing my life for the better, as I had been doing for the last 5 years I have been working on getting my college degree...and it has finally occurred to me that when I get to the end of my journey, and my life has been completely transformed, I guess it will be my turn to tell men like him that I am waaaayyyy out of their league.

Until then, I will just keep living and loving and enjoy my new kitty friend.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

Congrats on the kitty...

Do you have a name picked out for him/her??

Details... Color, breed, etc.

• Like 1