I don't even know why I'm opening this thread

justwhoiam

So...

I'm not sure about how I feel. I try to get on with my life as usual, but things added up and I know deep down that I'm not OK.

I went through a rough patch, and I'm not sure if that's a good definition for 23 months that sucked me up in a whirlwind, where I'd go to hospital every day or so. During that time, I was worried, I was stressed, I felt lots of responsibility, I had to be strong... then my mother died. It happened 3 months ago.

I have been telling myself, ok, now I'm getting back on track with everything. But it's like when you want to start a diet and you say: I'll start it on Monday. It's like I'm postponing what... I don't know, really. It's like I have no energy to get myself to do what I have to do. I am working, but lightly, not too hard. I don't know if I'm able to reach my goals, as they seem to get more distant every day. So it feels like I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I don't know how to get out of this state of things. Maybe it'll resolve on its own. Maybe I need to do something.

I'm sorry about your troubles. Please accept my condolences on the death of your mother.

When I lost my mom & dad, my life went off the rails for a while. It happens. Grief affects people differently.

It's a one day at a time thing. If you can manage to find a good thing about every day & do at least one self soothing act for yourself, on balance it's a step in the positive direction.

Hey justwhoiam,

I’m terribly sorry for your loss. It’s totally normal to feel this way and it’s going to take some time for you to heal completely. What are your goals? Given your situation, have you made a realistic plan to achieve them?

• Author
I'm sorry about your troubles. Please accept my condolences on the death of your mother.

When I lost my mom & dad, my life went off the rails for a while. It happens. Grief affects people differently.

It's a one day at a time thing. If you can manage to find a good thing about every day & do at least one self soothing act for yourself, on balance it's a step in the positive direction.

Thank you. How long did it take you not to be off the rails anymore?

• Author
Hey justwhoiam,

I’m terribly sorry for your loss. It’s totally normal to feel this way and it’s going to take some time for you to heal completely. What are your goals? Given your situation, have you made a realistic plan to achieve them?

My main goal right now would be to boost my business, as I had to cut off half of it, for the reasons I explained above. I work on my own. That affected my finances. And me as a person. At first, it was a totally unexpected event, that took a while to process. Then I had months to wait for the end, knowing it was coming. Living every day not knowing how many days were left. At a certain point, they said she was a few weeks from dying. But they were wrong, as she lived another 8 months.

Plans? No. I'm still living day by day, and it's like I transferred my mother's situation to myself. Thinking to myself how many days I have left. I'm in my mid 40s.

My main goal right now would be to boost my business, as I had to cut off half of it, for the reasons I explained above. I work on my own. That affected my finances. And me as a person. At first, it was a totally unexpected event, that took a while to process. Then I had months to wait for the end, knowing it was coming. Living every day not knowing how many days were left. At a certain point, they said she was a few weeks from dying. But they were wrong, as she lived another 8 months.

Plans? No. I'm still living day by day, and it's like I transferred my mother's situation to myself. Thinking to myself how many days I have left. I'm in my mid 40s.

Hey OP. Nobody knows how many days they've got left and thinking about it is just going to add to your misery. It must've been really hard to watch your mother suffer and I can sympathize with you.

A good plan can get your business and life back on track which is what you need. It doesn't have to be really big, just something achievable which will help you find your groove again.

• Like 1