Loss of pet

Southern Sun

Southern Sun

Our beloved kitty cat suddenly and unexpectedly passed away two days after Christmas. It happened in front of our eyes. One minute she was fine and the next, she was gone.

We don't know her exact age. She came to us by way of others. She was probably about 9. It was so shocking.

It hurts so much. She was the best.

• Like 1
Fever of love
Our beloved kitty cat suddenly and unexpectedly passed away two days after Christmas. It happened in front of our eyes. One minute she was fine and the next, she was gone.

We don't know her exact age. She came to us by way of others. She was probably about 9. It was so shocking.

It hurts so much. She was the best.

My condolences for your loss Southern Sun. some people minimize these things, but anyone that's lived with a cat knows that their loss is like losing a family member.

• Like 4
CautiouslyOptimistic

I'm so sorry :(. That sounds very traumatic! I love my pets (well, one of them is a jerk) and would be so sad if this happened :(. Sometimes I start crying just imagining my 5 year old dog getting old and eventually having to say goodbye :(.

Big furry hugs to you.

• Like 3
  • Author
Southern Sun

We've had a dog before, but she was our first cat. We didn't realize what wonderful pets they were, and how bonded you could become with them, until she was part of our family.

Seeing her pass like that was traumatic...but in some ways we are grateful. We know she didn't suffer. She didn't wander off or get injured. She wasn't alone.

• Like 3

I'm sorry for your loss :(

When my first cat died I was shocked how much i actually loved that little guy. I still talk about him sometimes because he was a pretty cool cat.

Was your cat cool? What was her name?

• Like 1
todreaminblue

i feel you

lost two pets last year.....my cat Precious and my furry companion Xena......i have for years had a companion dog.....she was only a 6 year old rottie i got her after my other rottie Bear died from an ulcer she was twelve years old.... i had to have Xena put down with her lymphatic cancer.....my daughter paid for me to have her ashes back recently and its like i am grieving all over again ..the guy handed me her box and i started crying.......im crying again writing about her..i miss her goofy face.....her smile....

i miss her so much......i guess its just what we have to go through when you love what you miss.....its like losing part of you.....Precious my cat used to sleep anywhere in boxes with pencils and scissors.....and would lick people like a dog....that thought made me smile....Precious didnt go easy......but he had a long life.....

try and hold onto the good memories....not the sadness......let the sadness go in the tears you shed and leave those funny memories and special times in your mind and heart...says me sniffing back snot...:0)....

our friends they are not in pain...and in my faith...we get to be with our special furries again when we pass on.....there's a bible verse ill try and find for you that says something about this......i'm going to have a whole bus full of animals waiting to greet me.....

what i found hardest to deal with xena is that i had to watch her suffer for months.....she fought on i couldnt bring myself to put her down till i had no choice.... even though i knew she was terminal......i feel i failed her.....i should have let her go .....sooner...but i just couldnt......until i couldnt watch her fight anymore......had to let her go...

death is a thief comes fast in the night or slowly stalking...

robbing happiness from those who love their pets,

but god keeps them close they fulfilled their role,

to love us back unconditionally as much as our hearts can let........

i am sorry for your loss xo

heres one verse

Luke 3:6 - And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

....deb.........

Edited by todreaminblue
  • Like 2

So sad for your loss, it can be heartbreaking.

I had to put down two of my beloved dogs these past two years.

I usually find a framed picture of them and light a candle next it.

Peace

• Like 4

I feel your pain. After an excruciatingly long New Years weekend, my sweet angel kitty (who had been ill) took a turn for the worse and was fading fast. I had made the decision to take her in first thing on Tuesday 1/2/18 to put her out of her misery. She didn't make it through the night and died about 24 hours ago (it was around 2:00 a.m. Pacific time).

Just this past August, her sister became ill and I lost her on 8/28/17. That's the loss of two kitties in four months and 5 days. Needless to say, I am not doing well at all and I don't really have any advice on how to deal with the grief. Just know that you are not alone. I know this one of the hardest things to go through. Especially during the holidays.

I wish you peace at this very difficult time.

• Like 3
heartbrokenlady

I love my cats more than some of my friends and family so I understand how much pain you must be in. I'm so sorry for your loss.

It won't help you with missing her, but you know, a fast end means she didn't have a long painful death, and you didn't have to face the thought of having her put down.

Sending you a long distance hug. XxX

• Like 4

Southern Sun,

I am sorry to hear that your kitty left you to go over the Rainbow Bridge.

Try to take comfort that she had a quiet passing surrounded by her family.

Hugs x

• Like 1
  • Author
Southern Sun

Hugs to you all who have experienced the pain of losing a pet. She was full of love and we loved her back, every day.

• Like 4