LoveShack.org Community Forums

LoveShack.org Community Forums (http://www.loveshack.org/forums/)
-   Coping (http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/coping/)
-   -   Toxic ex. Day 1 of absolute NC (http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/coping/642373-toxic-ex-day-1-absolute-nc)

Reyne012 10th November 2017 3:56 PM

Toxic ex. Day 1 of absolute NC

The experience I had last night should be a reminder as to why we should enact No Contact immediately following a breakup. I'll recount the event, so here goes.

My ex and I broke up a month to the day ago. Since that time she has attempted to 'befriend' me and keep me from moving on. I managed to wean myself from her to maximum of seeing her once a week (she still had a lot of my stuff and would bring it to my place, which is 8 minutes away from hers).

Last night I went to an alumni event that she and I initially planned to go to together before we broke up. She text me earlier in the day asking to meet at the station so we could go together. I let my guard down and agreed, as I was going that way anyway. Surprise surprise, when I actually see her she's the same negative, condescending shrew that she was before we ended.

I just ignored her, started to mingle with other grads, before she injects herself into the group I'm chatting to (trying to isolate me). We were on separate tour groups, and at the end I waited outside figuring their group is the last, saw a missed call from her, figured she'll be a couple more minutes. Waited like an idiot, and I eventually call, she answers and says she left and just went to a pub with some alumni, and that I can just leave and go home. I told her she was a vile, nasty piece of work, and that I never want to see or hear from her again, hung up. I literally got rid of every vestige of her; blocked her number, her Facebook, all gone. Even then, my phone is still giving me alerts when I'm in another call with someone else, so I know she's trying to game me.

I regret not doing this sooner. People like this are energy vampires, and they will consume you with their hollow notions of friendship, and continue to feed off of your self-doubts. To all the posters out their, who are in a similar situation, rest easy because I've felt your pain. And don't ever let these harpies keep us down.

Frostedflake 10th November 2017 4:16 PM

Man, sorry that you had a rough night! But you're right, it's these moments that really SOLIDIFY being done with those people/situations.
Sometimes it really does take that final straw..

Reyne012 10th November 2017 6:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostedflake (Post 7463639)
Man, sorry that you had a rough night! But you're right, it's these moments that really SOLIDIFY being done with those people/situations.
Sometimes it really does take that final straw..

Thanks for that man. I was looking forward to the actual event too, but I guess some people just want to have a chip on their shoulder. It really is a massive wake up call.