How to be single ?

toomanyquestions123

toomanyquestions123

As research suggests many people are happier single & since i really think that i should be single for a little bit of time now since i stayed the first 7 years of my 20s dating and/or getting engaged, I really need to learn how to be single. And not only that, I want to enjoy being single, i want to drive back home thinking about how happy i am being single well u know until i meet the right one. I want to do all the things that i cant do when i am in a relationship.

Share here the best moments of being single & how can you make the best out of it.

Edited by toomanyquestions123

To be honest about it I don't have a clue how to be single. 1st marriage 17 yrs. Got right into a relationship with my wife now for 20 yrs. My wife and I are I think glued together near 24/7. We enjoy life together so very much we don't want it any other way. In retrospect maybe I should have followed your notion of being single for a time.

Edited by Rockdad
  • Like 1

Get involved in activities & groups that interest you.

Take up hobbies that you enjoy.

Treat yourself -- make good food in smaller quantities, have a glass of wine, read the great novels, take a bubble bath, in essence, spoil yourself.

Reconnect with old friends, especially if you let those relationships slip in favor of a romance. Make new friends who share your adult interests.

Pay more attention to your finances. Take classes on investing etc.

• Like 2

Single means you can go hang out with your friends and catch up on your hobbies. You have so much free-time. It's great! I have been doing it for many years. :D

• Like 1
  • Author
toomanyquestions123

Single means working on your master thesis and not worrying about anything else !

Single means booking Italy tickets on Easter from now because why not !!!!

Single means havingg plenty of time to work out, learn how to cook, go out with friends and go crazy !!!

Single means improving yourself again !

• Like 2
I'veseenbetterlol
As research suggests many people are happier single & since i really think that i should be single for a little bit of time now since i stayed the first 7 years of my 20s dating and/or getting engaged, I really need to learn how to be single. And not only that, I want to enjoy being single, i want to drive back home thinking about how happy i am being single well u know until i meet the right one. I want to do all the things that i cant do when i am in a relationship.

Share here the best moments of being single & how can you make the best out of it.

Live you life and enjoy, don't force yourself to be single and don't force yourself to be in a relationship. Do what you like (productive not destructive) and if you happen to meet someone see where it goes.

For me, the best part about being single is traveling solo. Last year at this time I spent 3 weeks mountain biking in Nepal, never mind that I had never mountain biked before. That trip has become my touchstone because it was the hardest and most rewarding thing I've ever done. :)

• Like 1
TunaInTheBrine

I'm not sure what research your referring to, but there's an abundance of research in the scientific corpus that states the direct opposite - that people who are married are happier, healthier, and live longer.

I think the people who (for the most part) enjoy being single are those who tend to feel smothered in a relationship, or as if a relationship threatens their sense of independence/self. They get lonely from time to time, but they tend to be more comfortable in casual hookup/dating arrangements than a monogamous LTR.

I'm the opposite. I've been mostly single for the last 7 years, and I ABSOLUTELY hate it. I don't like traveling alone, spending holidays alone, not having as many friends as I once did because everyone my age is getting married and having kids, and I don't like doing all the awesome things that I love in my life without someone there to share it with or create mischief with. I don't need someone to "complete" me, but I prefer to go about life with a partner in crime. Sure, a relationship brings its own set of problems, but I'm sorted out enough that I prefer the problems of being in a relationship over the problems of being single.

Edited by TunaInTheBrine
  • Like 1
To be honest about it I don't have a clue how to be single. 1st marriage 17 yrs. Got right into a relationship with my wife now for 20 yrs. My wife and I are I think glued together near 24/7. We enjoy life together so very much we don't want it any other way. In retrospect maybe I should have followed your notion of being single for a time.

Why?

You are very happy and it has worked out well for you.

If you had been single for a long while, bitterness, frustration, anger or regret may have crept in and you would never have had the great relationship you have now.

I think some can criticise the 24/7 living together, but if it works for both, then who can really knock it?

I don't need anybody to make me feel happy or complete. I love myself and can be alone. I don't have to come up with stupid dates anymore. Spend money. Go through the whole dating cycle. It's a viscous repetitive cycle tha we do when trying to meet people. No more broken heart. I can go where I please, do what I want, and talk to anyone I want.

IMO relationships anddating changed. World is different. For some of you dating is easy and just comes to you. It's natural. Others struggle.

I prefer to be single and I honesty don't want to deal with women. That's just me. How I feel and it's not the right answer or what you or others must do. Just my opinion. Good luck!

Some are happier being single while others hate being single. I think it’s all about balance. A thirsty person craves water. A quenched person feels bloated.

For me, being single — at this stage— means having already exhausting all my energy on things I always wanted to do alone, to the point that I wholeheartedly want to be with another person.

I'm not sure what research your referring to, but there's an abundance of research in the scientific corpus that states the direct opposite - that people who are married are happier, healthier, and live longer.

I think the people who (for the most part) enjoy being single are those who tend to feel smothered in a relationship, or as if a relationship threatens their sense of independence/self. They get lonely from time to time, but they tend to be more comfortable in casual hookup/dating arrangements than a monogamous LTR.

I tend to thrive when I’m in a relationship and feel happier, more positive, more optimistic, more productive, more energetic, more creative, etc... in short, it brings out the best in me.

You want to know how to be single? Read the threads about everyone's crash and burn experiences with the opposite sex (or even the same sex if that's how you do) then do exactly what they do.

You'll be single again and again and again....

lol

Being single is just living your life normally except you don't have to take another partner's opinions into account. Its more selfish (which isn't a bad thing in it self).

Nothing special really. If your into hook ups, you can do that too. If your not into hookups then you end up masturbating a lot if you have a high sex drive.

Its liberating but also can be lonely.

Just my two cents from someone perpetually single, bleh

Are you introverted or extroverted?

If you are extroverted - now is your time to catch up with all the friends and parties and outings that you like without anyone keeping tabs on you. I can't tell more here because I'm a dead set introvert so this is just observational comment :)

If you are introverted: just imagine all the time that you'd have without having to deal with someone else's needs and demands, all the time that you'd have to introspect and develop. I'd wasted most of the past 5 years in relationships and now I'm thriving to be single :) Maybe not forever - but right now, it feels so good. My main 'gain' of this year of singlehood was that I bought and arranged my dream home. I'm happy every night when I get back in the space that I put all my love in to make it feel home. Oh, and all the little random 'dates' with myself - I'd wake up before sunrise, slip some clothes on and bike to the nearby forest to enjoy the woods, water and birds.

Being single feels bad only if you feel 'trapped' in this state. I personally don't doubt that I can transition easily to coupled situation whenever it feels right. That helps tremendously in the moments I'm doubting my current choice (this summer I started the dating carousel and met 2 men. One was a no go, the other transitioned into the loveliest non-romantic situation that I've been at - you don't need to be 'coupled' to experience joys with other people, don't forget that).

• Author
toomanyquestions123

I am both introvert & extrovert, but I am more introvert. I love the space that you built and how you wake up on the sunrise for a bike ride. Thats awesome i think !

As for me I did a bucket list that i contains a lot on interesting stuff to do, i want to go to at least once per to an exhibition or cultural gallery, try a new restaurant at least once per week, I want to finish my masters this semester, and i want to stay fit.

Being single used to freak me out, i always thought that i cant have fun unless im in a relationship and thats a myth. I wanna self improve myself, i want to enjoy myself, I want to do all the things on my bucket list and i want to be ready for the next relationship knowing that i have learned a lot from my past ones.

• Like 1
  • Author
toomanyquestions123

Tonight i will go to a new club and party like there is no tomorrow :p i didnt party in a while now and i dont mind it from time to time...

• Like 1