How to cope with being single as a pringle?

HiCrunchy

It feels like everyone around me coupled up.

One of my co-workers recently got married

One on maternity leave after having her first baby with her husband

One is in the lovey dovey stage with her new boyfriend of 6 months and she loves to share details with me. I am happy for her but I admit a part of me wishes I could share something too.

Even the co-worker I thought was singe, I just found out has has a bf for 7 years and he is meeting her dad next week.

Everyone else in my office is married or has a boyfriend. They seem so happy and I am happy for them, but at the same time I can't help and feel sad about my own situation.

I know I shouldn't look at other couples and compare. '

But I miss those feelings and the intimacy I got from a relationship.

Its been getting me down lately, and sort of reinforcing in my head that I am just not meant to find someone. I need to get myself out of that head space.

Any advice. :bunny:

I get lonely with the single life sometimes as well. I eat dinner alone, go to movies alone, and have no one to talk about my day with when I get home etc.

However, I also remember how much my ex criticized and nagged the hell out of me every time I wanted to do something for myself like go to the gym or visit family. Whenever I get too lonely, I just try to remember how much my ex got on my nerves and how I have freedom now. For example, I went a beautiful hike with my childhood best friend last month. My ex would have flipped out if I went out of town like that without her. I also get to eat what i want, when I want, see whatever movie I want and don't have to pretend to be interested in some feud her annoying friends are going through. Having freedom has its perks at times. Just remember all the annoying things in your relationship and know your coworkers are probably dealing with similar issues secretly ?

Being single is a side-effect of:

-Emotional changes. You're going through a thing and recognize you're not ready for a relationship yet.

-Work oriented and focused on your career. Not the glo-up type, would rather have your foundation set before inviting someone into your life.

-Not being a casual dater. Waiting for the right spark.

None of this is negative.

It does get especially crap around this time of year when holidays are coming up and the number of engagements spike but- ey. You've got your own things going on.

I'm always more proud of my personal goals than relationship flaunting. You can still be in the "I've got great things going for me game" conversation, trust.

• Like 1
fieldoflavender

Beats everyone being envious on the outside while you are feeling like dying on the inside - my life for almost half a year.

I am still glad I got out of it. Do I miss feeling like I finally had a "life plan" and being able to bring a plus one and all that jazz to stuff? Definitely, and that's exactly why I ended up settling and ended up being the most miserable I've ever been in my entire life.

Hence, think about how miserable you felt during a relationship where outsiders thought it was great. Real love is worth waiting for. .... at least I tell myself. I've been tempted more than once in my quest for love again - but I stop and think about the misery, and back out when I see real incompatibilities.