LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

I Donít Recognize Myself Anymore

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Logo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Today, 3:37 AM   #1
Established Member

I Donít Recognize Myself Anymore

When I think about my ďsoulĒ, how gentle and affectionate I was leading up to the breakup and after, and now, I feel as though I have become a grumpy, cold cynic. It bothers me that Iíve lost that chivalrous charm and affectionate heart.

But perhaps itís for the best, perhaps Iím less naive now, less sentimental and more realistic and tough.

I missed out on a good opportunity last week of getting a cute womanís phone number because I was disrespectful without even noticing it. Then later on, I tried to figure out where my reaction came from. That wasnít me.

And what hurts is that we were immediately atttracted to each other as soon as we laid eyes on each other. But I ruined it before it even started. I donít feel much pain anymore. I feel more apathy than pain.

And right now, I canít imagine anyone loving and showing me so much affection as my ex did, at least early on. I just canít see it happening.
Highndry likes this.
Logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 7:37 AM   #2
Established Member

Your break up hurt you. You are healing. In time you will go back to your old self. You just aren't there now so the timing was wrong with the cute woman. Allow yourself to grieve & heal. It's part of the cleansing process.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:45 AM   #3

I was in the grocery store shortly after my breakup and felt eyes upon me in the produce section. I turned to find a beautiful gal staring at me. Our eyes locked for an extended period, but I couldn't even muster a smile. I finally turned back to the lettuce, then looked again as she disappeared around the corner. I never saw her again and scolded myself for not responding better, but I just didn't have it in me.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote