He reached out again, I said no

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

On Friday night I got a text from someone. He said "How are you (my name)?" I texted back "Ok who's this?". I looked up the number and it was from a California area code, so I called the number. It was the man I gave the boot to in March of this year. Found out about his sordid past / present when I found evidence in his bag, did a search and found out ... Things.

When we were talking he said "Hi, it's me." I said "Oh ... Hi." He said he was thinking about me because he missed me. I said "I ... Don't feel like talking." And hung up. He texted back "I just miss you". I texted back "No you don't." He said he wanted to see me again, I said no. He said "I miss you."

I said "No you don't." He said he did. I said it's because he hasn't found someone else between now and then. He said what he'd said in the past - I was beautiful and he was so proud to be with me when we were together, he said he loved all the time we spent together and it was so much fun. I texted back "No I'm a sociopath, I feel nothing."

I did feel ... Angry that he reached out and angry at myself that I let him in as I did. He had a bad past and I cut him out because of it that I found out. He had moved here and was (probably still is) couch surfing between friends - his ex wife and daughter moved here and he moved to be near her.

I did the right thing to cut him out. I can attract a better man than him. But that hurt.

• Like 1
On Friday night I got a text from someone. He said "How are you (my name)?" I texted back "Ok who's this?". I looked up the number and it was from a California area code, so I called the number. It was the man I gave the boot to in March of this year. Found out about his sordid past / present when I found evidence in his bag, did a search and found out ... Things.

When we were talking he said "Hi, it's me." I said "Oh ... Hi." He said he was thinking about me because he missed me. I said "I ... Don't feel like talking." And hung up. He texted back "I just miss you". I texted back "No you don't." He said he wanted to see me again, I said no. He said "I miss you."

I said "No you don't." He said he did. I said it's because he hasn't found someone else between now and then. He said what he'd said in the past - I was beautiful and he was so proud to be with me when we were together, he said he loved all the time we spent together and it was so much fun. I texted back "No I'm a sociopath, I feel nothing."

I did feel ... Angry that he reached out and angry at myself that I let him in as I did. He had a bad past and I cut him out because of it that I found out. He had moved here and was (probably still is) couch surfing between friends - his ex wife and daughter moved here and he moved to be near her.

I did the right thing to cut him out. I can attract a better man than him. But that hurt.

Search thru the threads, but I think I warned you he would be back.

• Like 1
  • Author
mortensorchid

I should just block him on my phone, right? That would be best for everyone and everything involved. I figured after all this time he would just move on from me.

• Like 1
PrincessWarrior1
I should just block him on my phone, right? That would be best for everyone and everything involved. I figured after all this time he would just move on from me.

I hope I can be of some consolation. You seem like a very smart and beautiful woman, which any man with any sense would want. However, with that being said nobody with any real sense would want to become part of his shrine if he has a player element about him.

It might be a little selfish for lack of better words to leave "the door" open (not blocking here and there or full blockout), just to see if the little weasel wants to creep back into your life.

We all have to remember, people who lack morals or a moral compass whatsoever, rarely change. And if they do, it most certainly will not be within 7 months.

I think if it were me. I would run with the ego stroke and block him, full blockout. Unless you'd like to see if there could be a platonic friendship there. But please don't fall back in love with him or have any emotion. Every one needs a caring friend in their life here and there or how ever long they'll stay.

I hope this helps. Or at least makes sense, in trying to sound smart and sophisticated as many as my counterparts do, ha :love:

Edited by PrincessWarrior1
PrincessWarrior1
What did you find out about his past OP?

@HiCrunchy,

Look up the word "sordid" and it'll tell u everything. OP is very intelligent. :D

I figured he would have returned sooner, yes, Block him. He thinks you had a just maybe this time you will fail.

• Like 1
PrincessWarrior1
I figured he would have returned sooner, yes, Block him. He thinks you had a just maybe this time you will fail.

I don't know why people are so cruel and feel they can just play with people's emotions like a board game or something! :mad:

I wish I had 7 months under my belt too. I blew what NC I had going for me. And then today calling him bc I am still upset. Didn't even read the response fully then again later. This scumbag actually thinks I would take it as a compliment the he is going to jack off thinking about me, but I am too emotional for him? Are u seriously kidding me?

I responded: I now know what I want and what I don't want. My next boyfriend will be trustworthy and have his own place. The right guy wouldn't find me too emotional (the nerve of abusers). I'm so done :(

PrincessWarrior1
I don't know why people are so cruel and feel they can just play with people's emotions like a board game or something! :mad:

I wish I had 7 months under my belt too. I blew what NC I had going for me. And then today calling him bc I am still upset. Didn't even read the response fully then again later. This scumbag actually thinks I would take it as a compliment the he is going to jack off thinking about me, but I am too emotional for him? Are u seriously kidding me?

I responded: I now know what I want and what I don't want. My next boyfriend will be trustworthy and have his own place. The right guy wouldn't find me too emotional (the nerve of abusers). I'm so done :(

Please if there is a God, just help me swear off men for two years and build my energy and life back!

• Author
mortensorchid

His past? I found it by doing a search online. He asked me to go into his bag and get his allergy meds - I was not REPEAT NOT going through his things, he asked me to go into the bag and get the meds. When I could not find them at first pass I dug deeper. I found a business card for a DEA officer in Colorado. I said "Excuse me, what's this?" He said he was caught with a wad of cash. I went to the computer, did a search on a background check website and found out he did time for drug trafficking.

I said GET OUT. And he did. I blocked him on social networking sites. Haven't seen him since but he's sent texts / called a few times. I've never been but I know enough about jail to know there is nothing pleasant about being in jail, and I'm never going to end up there. He can cry to the dummy girl who will take care of his loser ass, not me.