LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

Many things to discuss about - Help!

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2017, 1:43 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeciliaCylara View Post
Feel about what exactly? Being a virgin or the seeming social stigma of being one?
Both

(friggin 10 characters filter)
EthanSPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 1:56 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanSPK View Post
Both
I feel pretty confident in my choice. I think it's a test of self-restraint for me and I don't feel like I'm missing out. I was close to wanting to lose it for my ex, who I truly loved and would give it for. After the breakup, I was devastated from a broken heart and the reality that I almost gave that part of myself him before he dropped my heart. Since then, I've decided to live celibate and not have sex until after I'm married. Only then would I trust someone enough to commit to me and expose that vulnerability to.

I've definitely heard my fair share of "WHAT?! YOU'RE A VIRGIN?!", but they usually follow up with comments of kudos. They're more shocked that I wouldn't have sex until marriage. I can't blame them, since it seems people are afraid to get married these days and are okay with staying bf/gf status for long-term.

However, I want to build an emotional bond with someone first before giving the physical part of it in a relationship. Personally, I feel living this way works for someone like me. I believe I'm someone worth waiting for, and I would wait for someone who I thought was worth it. It's not for everyone and I respect that. I'm happy as I am and that's what matters.

Last edited by CeciliaCylara; 23rd September 2017 at 2:08 AM..
CeciliaCylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 2:19 AM   #18
Established Member

Well, I admire you for that.

To be honest, I (almost) always lie about it because people often misinterpret things and I don't like that. For instance, my parents doubted about my sexuality because of that. Also I was always bullied at high school because of the same thing, so now I'm always like "oh yeah I f--ked her right in the p---y", when actually I'm married to college.

The one and only positive comment I heard about my virginity was from a friend (girl) who absolutely loved me and praised me because of that. Other comments go from "meh" to "what are you, gay?"
Old 23rd September 2017, 2:23 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanSPK View Post
Well, I admire you for that.

To be honest, I (almost) always lie about it because people often misinterpret things and I don't like that. For instance, my parents doubted about my sexuality because of that. Also I was always bullied at high school because of the same thing, so now I'm always like "oh yeah I f--ked her right in the p---y", when actually I'm married to college.

The one and only positive comment I heard about my virginity was from a friend (girl) who absolutely loved me and praised me because of that. Other comments go from "meh" to "what are you, gay?"
Eh, screw what people say. Tell them at least my chances of catching an STD is 0% than the 25% average. Nobody messed with me in high school. I was a black belt and always kept to myself. I didn't mess with anyone, so nobody paid me much mind. Confidence is key.
EthanSPK likes this.
Old 23rd September 2017, 2:46 AM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeciliaCylara View Post
Eh, screw what people say. Tell them at least my chances of catching an STD is 0% than the 25% average. Nobody messed with me in high school. I was a black belt and always kept to myself. I didn't mess with anyone, so nobody paid me much mind. Confidence is key.
I kinda deserved being bullied because I was a little son of a bitch (I still am, in a different way). Always went against social norms and implicit rules, which made me an undesirable one.

Not gonna lie, my self esteem used to be on the floor, but it skyrocketed since past year thanks to my friends.
Old 25th September 2017, 12:03 AM   #21
Established Member

Hey pals, just another random thought that came across my mind: don't you think we're a little bit addicted to sadness?
Old 25th September 2017, 12:35 AM   #22
Established Member

Addictions are bad, lol. Everything in moderation. Sadness is part of feeling. Rather than fight it, we accept sadness as part of our ability to be empathetic. It's okay to feel sad. We learn to appreciate the things that make us happy more. Losing it and feeling the resulting sadness reminds us we're alive and we feel.