LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

Tips on recovery from potential BPD relationship

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2017, 12:24 AM   #16
Established Member

Oh dear, I wish I had lots of girls asking for me as well, hahaha
EthanSPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 12:39 AM   #17
Established Member

Learning to love yourself seems to attract the positive attention. When you take care of yourself, you've got a solid foundation
CeciliaCylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 4:06 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeciliaCylara View Post
I want to call him out on it so bad... but all the words would probably bounce off his thick skull. I have to rage and hurt alone, hoping one day he'll just become a faint memory. If he dared to show up in my life again somehow, I can at least look back here and remember just why I wanted to cut contact in the first place.
I know how you feel.

Am recovering from a sociopathic narcissist, and the ager at yourself (for being so stupid and thinking that everybody is like you: empathetic and a nice human being) is difficult to overcome. You're lucky you did not spend anymore time with him, and i hate to say it, but do you feel slightly relieved that you did not have children with him? Assuming you didn't that is, nothing mentioned in your thread.
Soak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 4:20 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soak View Post
I know how you feel.

Am recovering from a sociopathic narcissist, and the ager at yourself (for being so stupid and thinking that everybody is like you: empathetic and a nice human being) is difficult to overcome. You're lucky you did not spend anymore time with him, and i hate to say it, but do you feel slightly relieved that you did not have children with him? Assuming you didn't that is, nothing mentioned in your thread.
Haha, I actually do feel relieved about that. Even better, I didn't get married and moved in with him. Not even have sex (although I was VERY close to). It was all a relief but also sobering. I feel my innocence and naivety was lost somewhat from the experience, but it also taught me to be more careful and learn when I need to put my foot down. I'm a good person. I'm not only going to attract good people because of it, but also bad or unstable people too. I won't let the bad stop me though and stay strong in believing there's still good out there for me.

Last edited by CeciliaCylara; 24th September 2017 at 4:23 PM..
CeciliaCylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2017, 3:50 AM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeciliaCylara View Post
I feel my innocence and naivety was lost somewhat from the experience, but it also taught me to be more careful and learn when I need to put my foot down. I'm a good person. I'm not only going to attract good people because of it, but also bad or unstable people too. I won't let the bad stop me though and stay strong in believing there's still good out there for me.
I feel the same way about what was left of my innocence, although i'm a hell of a lot older than you, so have no excuse to be making these mistakes

It sounds like you're in a good place with it all, and you are using your mind rather than just reacting.

More power to you for taking it as a lesson to be more careful next time. Had this conversation with a much younger woman i work with recently, and she believes in short term loss for long term gain. Eg, if she sees no future with somebody beyond the initial flush, she isn't afraid to end it 'before she gets attached' etc. I was so proud of her, she truely has her head screwed on the right way and will save herself a lot of heartache and pain in the longrun.
Soak is offline   Reply With Quote