Have You Ever?

Logo

Found yourself feeling so lonely that you just felt like contacting one of your exes? Just for a hug, or a shoulder to lean on?

I don't care about my dignity or self-respect. I just need a hug and a comforting embrace, someone nice and kind who can make me feel like everything is going to be ok. Have you ever thrown caution to the wind and done that?

I need familiar female companionship, someone I used to know and someone who cared or still cares about me one way or another, but I'm surrounded by male friends.

Do you see that bear trap over there?

Would you like to put your foot in it?

It's the same thing. Understand that people are wanting a piece of you, man. No one wants to give you some unconditional love - or be your support structure.

Best thing that you can do is put that energy into a positive use regarding this aspect of your life: by improving your value, and by moving forwards with new women.

Clean slate.

No one can give you what you can give yourself. It's likely if you approached them to do this it wouldn't be enough for you. One must be okay 100% with being alone before relying on others for love and companionship.

Found yourself feeling so lonely that you just felt like contacting one of your exes? Just for a hug, or a shoulder to lean on?

I don't care about my dignity or self-respect. I just need a hug and a comforting embrace, someone nice and kind who can make me feel like everything is going to be ok. Have you ever thrown caution to the wind and done that?

I need familiar female companionship, someone I used to know and someone who cared or still cares about me one way or another, but I'm surrounded by male friends.

I've been so lonely that I try to think of anybody at all that would make me feel better. But there isn't anybody, ex or otherwise, that I could actually call because I know they wouldn't come. How would you live down that kind of embarrassment?

There's one ex that I always think of calling for sex. He may say yes. But he may laugh in my face. No way I'm taking that chance. The past is better left in the past.

Now if it ended well with an ex of yours and you think there's a possibility of them saying yes they would come, then by all means go with what you feel.

You say your dignity doesn't matter at this point. But I would beg to differ. Especially if they told you to go f@"# yourself.

Absolutely! I have quite a few I can call on and Id be happy to return the favor for them. Life is hard and lonely. Why go it alone if you have good people to lean on?

Yes, but it is a weak moment. That is important to remember. It's weak.

Of course it would be easy to run back to an ex, particularly if they are willing to embrace you (physically, emotionally.) However, it's not as satisfying as it sounds.

In fact, it can cause more problems. They'll say you led them on, you'll be ate up by your own guilt, and sometimes cause you to take many steps back and convince yourself that you can do the relationship again.

When I was younger I did contact an ex for physical reasons. I wanted familiarity and comfort and I felt safe because I knew her sexual history and that we were regular testers.

It did the trick, physically. Emotionally it felt terrible. I regretted taking those steps back just to scratch a feeling that would've passed on had I been wise enough to distract myself with other things.