Letting go of hope

Hma123

I'm sure we all been there before after a relationship post break up where it's clearly over by circumstances but you still think in the back of your head that's there hope. The hope is false and its causing me to not let go fully. The break up is very recent within a week but certain things happened to where we are not getting back together. So much stuff was said in the relationship to where you still clinge onto hope... is it possible to let go of something that's not there? Thinking of all the memories and words, it hurts.

What_Did_I_Do

I have hope for one of two things:

1) X realizes what he's lost and sweeps me away to be his one and only (extremely unlikely)

2) I learn to identify unhealthy behaviours in myself and my future partners and can either correct the situation quickly or be on my way (more likely)

Can't think of the memories and hope I had with X. Hurts too much now.

If the break up is still recent, everything you will be feeling is magnified. There is nothing worse than misplaced hope, we've all been there. As time passes your grip will loosen and you will see more clearly.

I held on to hope way longer than I should have and even though it was a long, very painful process I am grateful of it- I now see how resilient I am, how beautiful a simple life can be and how even though the relationship wasn't bad...it just wasn't right. I didn't see that then.

I think we all fear that if we let go of hope we have nothing. My reality was that there was peace of mind at the other side.

You will be happy again. I hope it finds you soon