Ex boyfriend with someone else, why is it so hard??

spaceraider234

spaceraider234

My ex boyfriend of 1.5 years broke up with me about 6 weeks ago due to incompatibilty arguing etc, said he still loved me but had to do it. About a week after he started seeing this girl he had known since he was 18 as friends. She lives on the road I have to park on for work and for the past 4 or so weeks I've had to see his car there nearly every day. Yesterday I was coming out of work and I saw them on the other side of the road, he saw me looked very awkward then they stopped and turned the other way and started walking - they seemed to be smiling about it. When I got into my car and drove off I noticed that they had gone down a side road and were standing there hiding waiting for me to go. About 2 weeks ago he sent me a text saying been thinking about you. Hope your good x. He was involved with this girl at this point. He is 31 and so is she. I am 24. I thought he loved me we had a very affectionate and loving relationship when we didn't fall out etc. I haven't said anything to him about it I didn't even react I just carried on walking. Why would he feel the need to turn the other way? Why would he hide? He knows I would have seen his car there nearly every day so seeing them together won't make any difference. I'm really hurt by his actions he hasn't even text me to see if I'm ok. How can he just move on so quickly? Everyone says I'm so much better than her - apparently she has a problem with drink and takes drugs, and cheats on all of her boyfriends - he knows this as he's been friends with her for years and he told me it all! Baffled. He lives 3 hours away from me and her at his parents and I don't think he's been home since on his own. It's making it harder knowing they are only meteres away from me at work.

What was the situation of your break up? Like did he seem to be the one pushing for it to happen?

Because I'd argue that this other girl was already in the picture by the time you broke up

• Author
spaceraider234

We had split up a few times in the relationship - always him initiating it, after arguments etc its like he couldn't deal with it, thinks relationships are supposed to be rainbows and sunshine. He was at mine for a whole week before it happened, we had one last argument before he went then a week later he ended it by text. He was always with me and was posting pics of me on facebook just before saying I love this girl she is amazing etc and he had her on there so doubtful anything was going on.

What he is doing now is of no moment in your life. Unfortunately it's being thrown in your face.

First I'd find a new place to park. Even if you have to walk farther, save yourself having to see his car.

You don't know he moved on. She could very well be a rebound. If they are great friends, sex may be her way of consoling him. You also don't know that he didn't dump you for her.

It doesn't really matter. What matters is that You & your EX were at the end of your journey together. You were fighting all the time. It was time to break up. Stop bothering about him. Take time to heal. Then move on with your life.

• Like 1