LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

I Came So Close: Confusion in the Aftermath [UPDATE]

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th October 2017, 1:13 AM   #151
Established Member

Hey Tuna,

Sorry it took me so long to respond again, I've been really busy.

Can you answer me this. You said you've read many books on Narcissism, would you say your woman is narcissist?

As far as moving on, the moment you let go of "hope" will be the moment you will feel better. For me it was discovering and realizing shes a narcissist, everything she told me, everything i fell in love with....well that was her false-self, I ultimately fell in love with myself.

Once hope was gone, and when i say hope i mean the constant thought that she will "see what i see and realize we're meant to be together", once you let go of that you will move on and and have your closure.
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2017, 5:55 PM   #152
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin View Post
Hey Tuna,

Can you answer me this. You said you've read many books on Narcissism, would you say your woman is narcissist?

As far as moving on, the moment you let go of "hope" will be the moment you will feel better. For me it was discovering and realizing shes a narcissist, everything she told me, everything i fell in love with....well that was her false-self, I ultimately fell in love with myself.

Once hope was gone, and when i say hope i mean the constant thought that she will "see what i see and realize we're meant to be together", once you let go of that you will move on and and have your closure.
Wow!! I just read your 'story'..Holy crap,man!
Origin likes this.
Old 30th October 2017, 6:11 PM   #153
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praying4Daylight View Post
Wow!! I just read your 'story'..Holy crap,man!
Yeah, it was something alright...
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2017, 6:46 PM   #154
Established Member

Tuna..just read yours and you've been thru it too. But, unfortunately closure only comes from you and your acceptance of the shltuation for what it is/was at face value. There's nothing she can say at this point that will make you feel better. Good luck,man!
Praying4Daylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2017, 6:37 PM   #155
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin View Post
Hey Tuna,

Yes, I would say she is a narcissist. She's still a person, and one with many good qualities, but she displays the lying, selfishness, manipulation, and need for admiration typical in narcissism. I'd say she's more of the covert narcissistic type.
TunaInTheBrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2017, 8:38 PM   #156
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praying4Daylight View Post
Tuna..just read yours and you've been thru it too. But, unfortunately closure only comes from you and your acceptance of the shltuation for what it is/was at face value. There's nothing she can say at this point that will make you feel better. Good luck,man!
Thanks. I can't say I have any hope of a relationship with her ever, but I'm still not sure I feel closure or that I'll ever get closure. It was a truly messed up situation that flipped my mind and heart around. I learned A LOT though. Fortunately, I'm starting to feel more like myself lately, but every so often I get down for a day or two thinking/feeling things about her.
TunaInTheBrine is offline   Reply With Quote