Why does my ex view my Instagram stories?

It’s been 2 months since we broke up. Some days I’m hurt and just want to cry then I feel angry and mad at him for stringing me along for almost one year. And feel stupid for allowing him to stay that long in a “could be” relationship. Then I miss him terribly and blame myself. That maybe I was too needy. I unfriended him on Facebook the day he told he couldn’t do this anymore. Lately Iv’e been posting stories on Instagram. Why does he watch them when he's the one who ended it? He never missed one of them. He’s not very active at all with social media and only follows a few people. I wonder what he’s thinking when he’s watching. Does he miss me?

Frostedflake

Maybe. But if he did want to reconcile he would reach out.

Breaking up does not flip some automatic 'idgaf' switch. You can care about someone and not want to be with them.

CautiouslyOptimistic

Ahh, why does anyone do this with their ex? Actually, why does EVERYONE do this with their ex?

Social media adds a whole 'nother layer to breakups!

• Like 1

You're familiar to him. You both have some history together. It's just curiosity. Doesn't mean anything more.

Best to block him instead of prolonging your pain.

• Like 1
  • Author

It’s frustrating! I never got really any closure with this guy. It was out of blue he was overwhelmed, emotionally drained. blah, blah, blah.

I don’t know. Part of me feels good he can see what he’s missing out on. I think blocking sends the message that I’m weak andd hurting and also it’s stupid but on IG the person you block can’t see your profile but I can still search and see his

It’s frustrating! I never got really any closure with this guy. It was out of blue he was overwhelmed, emotionally drained. blah, blah, blah.

You don't get closure from anyone but yourself. He was showing you signs from the beginning that were ringing your alarms. It was only a matter of time that he up and left. Closure is you realizing that it was not the relationship you deserved.

I don’t know. Part of me feels good he can see what he’s missing out on. I think blocking sends the message that I’m weak andd hurting and also it’s stupid but on IG the person you block can’t see your profile but I can still search and see his

Stop projecting. He's emotionally unavailable and stunted. He doesn't value you the same way you value him. If he felt he was missing out, then you wouldn't be posting and he'd be there by your side.

But you are hurting. People place too much emphasis and worry on what the dumper thinks about them when the priority and utmost importance should be protecting their own mental and emotional health. Trying to make a statement at the expense of your own emotional wellbeing is counter-productive.

He strung you along for a year. Don't do it to yourself.

Edited by Zahara
  • Like 1
If he felt he was missing out, then you wouldn't be posting and he'd be there by your side.

^^^THIS. It really is that simple.

because there is a lack of discipline coming from both ends. You mentioned this has been going on for a year now, that's way too long for anyone to suffer post breakup. Allow yourself to heal and be gentle. Truly move on, cut all ties. And if you want an answer, he's looking at your ig simply because he's curious.

It's curiosity plain and simple. We've all looked up our exes on social media or googled our exes. I've tried to find my very first BF on FB out of sheer curiosity. It means nothing.

• Like 1
  • Author

Curious to check in with me to see what I’m up to. I just don’t get it. I wish he would have given a reason why? My ex-husband cheated on me and I moved on quickly but this break up is the worse. Should I contact him and ask for him and I both to unfollow? I haven’t heard anything from him since May. He sent me a text a week after he ended things stating that he would like to return the stuff I left at his house. Which I told him to just throw the things away. It was a toothbrush and travel size shampoo???!!! I still wonder what would have happened if I agreed to meet up for them things. What he might have said but obviously his actions show otherwise. You are all right. I deserve so much better. Maybe I need to just get off social media for a while. Over the weekend I noticed he liked my ex-sister in laws profile pic of her in a bikini on the beach and I don’t know why it bothered me so much. It sucks feeling like this. I just wish I could stop obsessing about the break up and let it go. In the past I had no problem blocking and removing. I’m torturing myself. :(