Poll: Weight loss or Weight gain?

ConfusedInOC

ConfusedInOC

Those of you who've experienced heartbreak, did you lose or gain weight?

If so, how much?

I'm down about 8lbs now. I guess something good came out of it. The six pack abs are starting to show nicely, lol.

ErinErinErin

(You know my story- the confused ex with the baggage of the exwife and kids lol)

I have lost about 12 pounds in the past month- I am not overly depressed but I am not very hungry anymore- it feels like an emptiness inside and that you ahve no desire to eat...

Atleast I look a little better though- the last time I seen the ex he told me that I was so beautiful and sexy...etc...I am making it hard for him...lol

Down about ten lbs. But they're creeping back now that I've got my appetite back.

Wow. Over the first 6 months I got down from *gasp* 197 lbs to a hair above 150. The appetite came back and I coupled that with actually working out so now I'm at 160 and holding. I guess that's one of the benefits of a breakup.

tanbark813

I stay about the same but get in better shape. I eat less for a bit but end up working out more so it kind of balances out. Breakups make fantastic weightlifting fuel. :D

i lost 10 pounds, and since i dont know how to cook, it's not coming back anytime soon hehe

i went from about 250 down to 225 (25lbs) I have gained a little weight. I am now between 225-230.. I haven't heard of anyone gaining weight.. But during those times the breakup is hard you don't really get a huge appetite.. at least i didn't..

Fallen_Angel

According to my sometimes reliable scale, I've lost about 5 pounds. During the first two weeks I no longer had a desire for between-meal snacks, and I couldn't finish whole meals.

I'm pretty slender anyhow, thanks to my metabolism, so the weight fluctuation isn't too noticeable. Some of my pants fit a little differently, though!

Jennifer'sSecret

During the oh-no-this-relationship-is-about-to-end-and-I-soooooo-don't-want-it-to-I-love-him-so-much period, as well as the weeks that followed where I wondered if he was thinking of me, who he was with, where he was, and allathat...I lost about 10 pounds. I'm 5'4''. Once I got back out and got social, I probably went up to +5 pounds pre-breakup weight. Back to normal now!! :)

H :eek: LY SH :confused: T!

I can't afford to lose wieght!

LOL I tend to not eat a lot most of the time anyway.. I get busy with other things like draggin 2 Little Peeps outta bed in the morning and getting out the door so none of us are late...

By the time I get My Kiddo's taken care and good to go I'm running for the door of the clinic and have patients to be seen.. don't break for lunch then at the end of the day I'm running to get My Oldest from school, only to drive more to snatch up my Baby from Daycare... My Kid's are VERY FINICKY eaters so I guess I tend to cater to what they will eat and I don't have much of an appetite for it...

This isn't to say I don't eat.. just saying it's usually on the fly so to speak.

Break ups suck.. regardless if you were broken up with or you broke up with someone.. I'm trying not to loose any wieght over it or sleep for that matter..

Last BIG break up I had though (besides the idiot I just went through more sh*t with) I went from 98lbs down to 94lbs in a matter of about 4 days.. D :eek:H!

I lost 6 kilos. I don't know how much that is in pounds.... it was very exciting but not healthy at all. I think for some people it could totally trigger an eating disorder which is carried on long after the break up. i haven't put any of it on so that's nice. and now I have broken up again so I think I can expect to lose another couple of kilos.

I haven't been on a scale for years (principle :-) but I definitely lost quite some weight after my last break up. I just CANNOT eat! And when I eat something I feel like i'm just burning it off right away.

I even lose weight when I have a serious fight with my boyfriend! I remember a few occasions where we would fight over something all night and my trousers were way too lose in the morning and my ribs and hip bone sticking out much more. (Absolutely no kidding!) Anyone else experienced losing weight over a night-long fight?!

Weird :-)

Originally posted by Merin

Last BIG break up I had though (besides the idiot I just went through more sh*t with) I went from 98lbs down to 94lbs in a matter of about 4 days.. D :eek:H!

Damn Merin, how tall are you? After my hubsand left, I went down to 98lbs, and everyone says i'm scrawny :( I'm definitely less endowed than you are lol :)

Originally posted by dgiirl

Damn Merin, how tall are you? After my hubsand left, I went down to 98lbs, and everyone says i'm scrawny :( I'm definitely less endowed than you are lol :)

I'm 5'5 LOL I'm a Liiiitttttlllleeeeee Girl Fo Sho!

Never had anyone tell me I'm scrawny :eek: LOL but for real My Dad is always trying to make me a sandwhich!

:lmao:

Originally posted by Merin

I'm 5'5 LOL I'm a Liiiitttttlllleeeeee Girl Fo Sho!

Never had anyone tell me I'm scrawny :eek: LOL but for real My Dad is always trying to make me a sandwhich!

:lmao:

heh, i'm 5'4 :) I hate being short :( Plus, everyone thinks I dont eat, but when they put a burger and fries down in front of me they're shocked at how much i can stuff down :)

Illusion24

Well I've lost 4 lbs... :o and I'm weighing 94lbs Now before this break up, I was with someone for 2 years, it was a nightmare and with him I lost 10 lbs during the relationship...It was horrible, and it's been so hard to get it back especially after getting G.I. infection I can't gain weight for s***... :(

But my EX has lost 18 lbs :eek: ....But at least he started the gym and now is getting big muscles :bunny:

It's been seven months since my ex left and I've lost about 50 lbs. I lost twenty pounds when I was still in my can't eat/sleep stage. After I started losing weight and with my ex being gone I started eating better and working out.

It was nice hearing the compliments on my weight loss so I decided to keep it off. When my ex first left I couldn't even smell food because everything made me sick to my stomach...now I eat, but I just eat better!

blind_otter

heh, i'm 5'4 :) I hate being short :( Plus, everyone thinks I dont eat, but when they put a burger and fries down in front of me they're shocked at how much i can stuff down :)

Eh, shut it, you guys. I'm 5' and 3/4 of an inch tall. THAT is short. I wish I were as tall as you!

I lost weight when I broke up. But that was because i went on a drinking/drug binge. I went back up above my normal weight (by about 5/6 lbs!) when I got together with my bf because he was taking me out all the time. Now that he's gone I am losing weight again. I live by myself and nibble on things and eat standing up, so I'm not the healthiest lady. I need to do more yoga.

Originally posted by blind_otter

Eh, shut it, you guys. I'm 5' and 3/4 of an inch tall. THAT is short. I wish I were as tall as you!

Do like my mom (she's 4'11), wear big heals :) I dont wear heals so she gets a little closer to eye level :)

blind_otter

Do like my mom (she's 4'11), wear big heals :) I dont wear heals so she gets a little closer to eye level :)

Funny thing - I only wear heels. And platforms. Even my flip flops are platform. Sometimes people don't notice me down here and run into me all the time. I get a face full of chest. :laugh:

Originally posted by blind_otter

I lost weight when I broke up. But that was because i went on a drinking/drug binge. I went back up above my normal weight (by about 5/6 lbs!) when I got together with my bf because he was taking me out all the time. Now that he's gone I am losing weight again. I live by myself and nibble on things and eat standing up, so I'm not the healthiest lady. I need to do more yoga.

:laugh: My Mom is 4'11 too!

I've always been small... Was always the last MoFo picked for Gym in school.. Damn them!

I have a gf too that always wears platforms YES even her flip flops! LOL

Nothin wrong with us Little Girls :)

Why ya'll think I call my kiddo's my WEE Peeps?! :laugh:

Even when I was pregnant with my kids I only gained like 20 Lbs.. then once I had em, I was back in my regular clothes before I left the hospital... good genetics or somethin..

reservoirdog1

I'm 6'1, with broad shoudlers. After the shyt came down, I dropped from about 235 to 193. Partly the divorce diet, partly Atkins. Figured I should stop when every woman in my office started saying, "You're too skinny! Stop losing weight!" Back to around 210 now but more of it is muscle than before.