LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

Poll: Weight loss or Weight gain?

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th May 2005, 6:27 PM   #1
Unconfirmed Account

Poll: Weight loss or Weight gain?

Those of you who've experienced heartbreak, did you lose or gain weight?

If so, how much?

I'm down about 8lbs now. I guess something good came out of it. The six pack abs are starting to show nicely, lol.
ConfusedInOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 6:33 PM   #2
Established Member

(You know my story- the confused ex with the baggage of the exwife and kids lol)

I have lost about 12 pounds in the past month- I am not overly depressed but I am not very hungry anymore- it feels like an emptiness inside and that you ahve no desire to eat...

Atleast I look a little better though- the last time I seen the ex he told me that I was so beautiful and sexy...etc...I am making it hard for him...lol

I Won't Waste One More Moment of My Precious Time on Someone Who Has Already Rejected Me Once Before...

Remember- You Are The Prize...
ErinErinErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 6:55 PM   #3
Established Member

Down about ten lbs. But they're creeping back now that I've got my appetite back.
Old 18th May 2005, 7:18 PM   #4
Established Member

Wow. Over the first 6 months I got down from *gasp* 197 lbs to a hair above 150. The appetite came back and I coupled that with actually working out so now I'm at 160 and holding. I guess that's one of the benefits of a breakup.
amish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 7:26 PM   #5
Established Member

I stay about the same but get in better shape. I eat less for a bit but end up working out more so it kind of balances out. Breakups make fantastic weightlifting fuel.
"Well, see, when you're acting you need to think about stuff like that."
tanbark813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 8:15 PM   #6
Established Member

i lost 10 pounds, and since i dont know how to cook, it's not coming back anytime soon hehe
dgiirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 10:08 PM   #7
Established Member

i went from about 250 down to 225 (25lbs) I have gained a little weight. I am now between 225-230.. I haven't heard of anyone gaining weight.. But during those times the breakup is hard you don't really get a huge appetite.. at least i didn't..
mixwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 10:22 PM   #8
Established Member

According to my sometimes reliable scale, I've lost about 5 pounds. During the first two weeks I no longer had a desire for between-meal snacks, and I couldn't finish whole meals.

I'm pretty slender anyhow, thanks to my metabolism, so the weight fluctuation isn't too noticeable. Some of my pants fit a little differently, though!
Old 18th May 2005, 11:31 PM   #9

During the oh-no-this-relationship-is-about-to-end-and-I-soooooo-don't-want-it-to-I-love-him-so-much period, as well as the weeks that followed where I wondered if he was thinking of me, who he was with, where he was, and allathat...I lost about 10 pounds. I'm 5'4''. Once I got back out and got social, I probably went up to +5 pounds pre-breakup weight. Back to normal now!!
Jennifer'sSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 12:04 AM   #10
Established Member

Location: Heaven won't take me, and hell's afraid I'll take over
H LY SH T!

I can't afford to lose wieght!

LOL I tend to not eat a lot most of the time anyway.. I get busy with other things like draggin 2 Little Peeps outta bed in the morning and getting out the door so none of us are late...

By the time I get My Kiddo's taken care and good to go I'm running for the door of the clinic and have patients to be seen.. don't break for lunch then at the end of the day I'm running to get My Oldest from school, only to drive more to snatch up my Baby from Daycare... My Kid's are VERY FINICKY eaters so I guess I tend to cater to what they will eat and I don't have much of an appetite for it...

This isn't to say I don't eat.. just saying it's usually on the fly so to speak.

Break ups suck.. regardless if you were broken up with or you broke up with someone.. I'm trying not to loose any wieght over it or sleep for that matter..

Last BIG break up I had though (besides the idiot I just went through more sh*t with) I went from 98lbs down to 94lbs in a matter of about 4 days.. D H!
Old 19th May 2005, 12:10 AM   #11
Established Member

I lost 8 pounds
ashley83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 3:04 AM   #12

I went from around 135 to 120 or so. It sucked. I seriously need to go to a gym or something.
demonfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 7:28 AM   #13
Established Member

I lost 6 kilos. I don't know how much that is in pounds.... it was very exciting but not healthy at all. I think for some people it could totally trigger an eating disorder which is carried on long after the break up. i haven't put any of it on so that's nice. and now I have broken up again so I think I can expect to lose another couple of kilos.
opaleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 8:45 AM   #14
Unconfirmed Account

I haven't been on a scale for years (principle :-) but I definitely lost quite some weight after my last break up. I just CANNOT eat! And when I eat something I feel like i'm just burning it off right away.

I even lose weight when I have a serious fight with my boyfriend! I remember a few occasions where we would fight over something all night and my trousers were way too lose in the morning and my ribs and hip bone sticking out much more. (Absolutely no kidding!) Anyone else experienced losing weight over a night-long fight?!

Weird :-)
melina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 9:01 AM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Merin
Last BIG break up I had though (besides the idiot I just went through more sh*t with) I went from 98lbs down to 94lbs in a matter of about 4 days.. D H!
Damn Merin, how tall are you? After my hubsand left, I went down to 98lbs, and everyone says i'm scrawny I'm definitely less endowed than you are lol
dgiirl is offline   Reply With Quote