I just want to sleep well again.

soltouched

Has anyone ever woken up absolutely shaken and anxious? This is my first break up and it's been two months. This happened mostly during the first few weeks and then declined, but it's happened again. I know I haven't shaken the depression, but I keep finding myself waking up early mornings and I can't go back to sleep properly once I wake up like this. I'll wake up again with the same result. Is there any way I can stop this? Is this because I push everything into my subconscious? I have written about my thoughts and feelings as well as spoken about it, but I am honestly exhausted and eventually all my confidants will be too. I have no idea how to make it all stop.

I apologize if none of this makes sense, but it's hard to put it into words right now. This wouldn't be my first time fallen into a depression, but it is my first time to have fallen in love and then have my heart shattered. It's nothing I've ever experienced before, or wanted to.

• Like 1

What you are experiencing is normal. I'm 45 and went through a similar time when my ex left about 10 months ago. Many guys at all ages go through this.

I'm able to get sleep now but still have the occasional nightmare. Eventually it will stop. Timing is different for everyone but it really helps to get another girl to take your mind off of it and focus on the new one.

Realize this is a process and it will take as long as it takes. Some days you won't care, other days you'll be miserable. Eventually it will get easier and then will stop.

It's likely the worst pain you'll ever feel but you've got your whole life ahead of you to meet a better girl.

• Like 1
trustyourself

Hey Sol,

I completely understand what your are dealing with. You wake up and your brain is completely on them and the situation straight away. Good bye sleep.

I have been dealing with that on and off for six months now, and it still happens.

I hope the ex is out of your life and not trying to contact you. That does not help.

It will pass. I find it helps when a I wake and my brain is on them or the situation to take a breath. Pause the thought process and think about something else relaxing. I have managed to doze back off doing this.