Getting over the ex, been difficult

HermitLover

HermitLover

Hey love shack needed to ask some questions and vent a little bit. To the point

She broke up with me at the end of 2015. I was devastated and like most other guys I begged and pleaded with her to come back. Well you know how that ends up. Anyways I go no contact and around march 2016 she contacts me. I wait a month to arrange a date (I know I was hesitant) because I had developed Agoraphobia (fear of fear itself) over the panic attacks I was having (suspecting they were due to the breakup)

So anyways we eventually arrange a date but I told her I couldent pick her up because my licence sticker expired on my car (more lies :( ) She then texted me saying she cant make it due to something and she will message me when she finds another day to hangout. That was June and I never heard from her since. I was devastated and still haven't left my house due to the phobia.

Fast forward a bit and I get facebook at my friends request because they had lost my number. I secretly think maybe the ex will see me on here and obsessively try to make myself look very good on the profile. I was so sad seeing her on there with hundreds of friends and a good picture of herself. Never felt so sad in my life. Well she does end up sending me a friend request. I accept and to my disappointment she never messaged me at all. Just a bread crumb they say.

So I get mad, pissed. I deleted my account (as facebook was very unhealthy for my psych) and just moved through the feelings I had. Recently as well I saw her pass by my house and we looked at each other and I once again was very emotional.

Just want to know how to get over someone who I clearly cannot control myself over. Why do I keep thinking she will come back?

Anyways thanks for reading this guys and appreciate the hell out of you all when I asked about Facebook related questions about a month back

I did the same thing, I begged and pleaded for her to take me back. She told me maybe and that we would talk about it when she got back from vacation. To no surprise she knew she wasn't and told me through a friend 3 days ago that it was time for us to part ways and that she was going to miss me a lot.

I am still in denial when I know I need to let it go. After this morning part of me wants to talk to her person and explain to her that she is wrong and that despite all the problems we can work it out.

I know this is a bad idea and I am going to look like a fool. Thankfully I can't do it because I have no way of contacting her. Only way this could happen is if it was organized by a friend. And I know all of them thinks that she is not right for me so they would be unwilling to do it.

I guess some people you can never let go of. I know I will never be able to talk to this girl years down the line because I know I will always have some sort of feelings for her.

• Like 2
  • Author
HermitLover
I did the same thing, I begged and pleaded for her to take me back. She told me maybe and that we would talk about it when she got back from vacation. To no surprise she knew she wasn't and told me through a friend 3 days ago that it was time for us to part ways and that she was going to miss me a lot.

I am still in denial when I know I need to let it go. After this morning part of me wants to talk to her person and explain to her that she is wrong and that despite all the problems we can work it out.

I know this is a bad idea and I am going to look like a fool. Thankfully I can't do it because I have no way of contacting her. Only way this could happen is if it was organized by a friend. And I know all of them thinks that she is not right for me so they would be unwilling to do it.

I guess some people you can never let go of. I know I will never be able to talk to this girl years down the line because I know I will always have some sort of feelings for her.

I know the feeling brother. No contact is the best way but the brain has a hard time letting go.

• Like 2
loveiswar101
I know the feeling brother. No contact is the best way but the brain has a hard time letting go.

Ditto, I'm right there with you!

devilish innocent

I hope you are treating the agoraphobia and finding a resolution. Regarding letting her go, maybe try writing a list of all the things you dislike about her and rereading it every time you imagine getting back together with her. Usually if somebody lets you go, then you are better off without that person in your life anyway. You need to move on, and believe that there will be a better replacement.

• Like 1
  • Author
HermitLover
I hope you are treating the agoraphobia and finding a resolution. Regarding letting her go, maybe try writing a list of all the things you dislike about her and rereading it every time you imagine getting back together with her. Usually if somebody lets you go, then you are better off without that person in your life anyway. You need to move on, and believe that there will be a better replacement.

Thanks I have a therapist. It has been difficult. I will try your tips thank you for writing back

• Like 1