Completely alone in the world…

lostandlonely2

lostandlonely2

Completely alone in the world…

I know this sounds melodramatic, but I am truly completely alone in the world - both parents dead, no siblings, kids, etc. and no spouse or partner

I often feel like I just live and make mistakes, etc. and then disappear like a leaf in the wind that no one even noticed… I am not trying to sound pathetic, or ask for sympathy, etc. - it is just a fact that I am all alone, and that when I die alone, no one will really have ever noticed that I was here or not…

In a post made six weeks ago, you mention your mother in the present tense. http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/coping/620440-what-does-mean-if-you-feel-unlucky

Apologies in advance if your mother died within the last six weeks, however, I suspect that this is unlikely. You're going to get far more support if your posts aren't contradictory.

• Author
lostandlonely2

Yes, she died 5-6 years ago... Strange that I did that - and I must say, even stranger that you read people's past posts before posting

hippychick3

OP, you also mentioned having an older sister in a previous thread of yours. So, you have siblings or no siblings?

• Author
lostandlonely2

I haven't talked to her since my mum died

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
hippychick3

I'm trying to understand where you're coming from. Why are you alienated from your sister? Is there any way to repair the damage? Sometimes repairing broken relationships can heal our loneliness.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Frostedflake

I feel like this sometimes, as well.

Kinda like you're just here as everyones 'lesson' but no substance to have your own happy life.

It's not true. But it's a very convincing feeling and idea when paired with a string of 'bad luck'.

I guess my question is- what would you like to be different? Be really specific. Because the more specific you are the more obvious the resolutions will come to you.

Although I have a spouse, we don't have kids & I am an only child. Both of my parents are deceased & being all alone is one of my greatest fears.

I'm sorry that your mom passed but if you have a blood sister, reach out to reconcile. Then you won't be all alone anymore. She probably misses you too.