Stressed

light yagami

light yagami

Hi, I'm not sure why I am writing this post. I'm fairly sure the responses will recommend therapy and they would be right. Beyond that...? Comiseration?

Anyway quick rundown: father of 2, son is 19 and graduating high school. Also he has downs syndrome. Daughter 10 (different mother) and lives in another state (against court orders). I have been fighting for six years only to realize there is no justice in the justice system. After years of fighting I am about 100k in the hole. Teetering on losing everything.

I work multiple jobs, they are low paying though because I need to be there for my son and daughter (the limited time I have with her) and hunt the occasional odd handyman job for more income. All the while trying to help my fiance through med school (1 more yr)

I also take care of the house and cooking alone because of the insane amount of homework my fiancee has. I feel like I am going to explode from pressure and I guess it's fairly apparent because I hear how worried everyone is for me, constantly. The truth is I have thought about checking out often. I am clinging onto the idea that "things'll get better" but my fingers are getting tired from dangling off that idea.

I know I should get help but when I am not eating except dinner to try and pay one more Bill throwing another 125.00 therapy Bill on top just seems insane. Sorry for the long whining post... think I just needed to vent

Do you have respite care for your son? Look into the various ARCs for help.

Cut back on helping your FI go to med school. She wants to be a doctor. She can pay for it. You don't have the resources right now.

In med school your FI probably has access to free or low cost clinics. Ask her to hook you up with one so you can get some therapy that you can actually afford.

Do you have a household budget? If not use one of the myriad tools on the internet to see what is coming into your house, what is going out, where you can cut or maximize. For example, learning to cook will save you a fortune on food costs. Don't skip meals, eat smarter.

Seek out non-custodial dad support groups. They often have resources to help with custody issues at a much lower cost then a private attorney & they are a good outlet when you are stressed.