More than 1 year later..

Bliss25

Hello all,

I think I gave an update around the 6 months part.. But a lot has changed.

So its over a year now since my b/u and I am quite lost to be honest..

The problem is that everything looks very good from the outside. I have achieved more than ever in this last year than ever in my life before. I started hobbies that I never thought I would be able to do. I finished the worlds biggest open water swim and I am not exactly a good swimmer. I have met the best friends in the world and formed extremely close relationships with them. I have gotten my body in shape and been on once in a life time holidays.

But through all of that, I am empty, depressed and still have that feeling of nothing to look forward to constantly.

I have met probably over 40 women in the last year.. none of which I had any interest in being in a relationship with. And that is OK because I do not want to be in a relationship.... But there is the problem... I do not want to be in a relationship because I STILL believe so hard that my ex is the only person for me and that I will never find someone as fitting again.

I still believe my ex are the only person to have ever brought the best out of me and no one will be able to do that again.

I still know that I have never ever loved anyone or anything as much as I loved her.

I wish I will start feeling differently and have purpose again.

For now I will continue to set goals for myself and achieve them. I will continue to try be a better person for myself day by day.

I hope there is light eventually.

I'm with you. It's been over a year for me too since my boyfriend broke up with me out of nowhere.Ive done everything you are supposed to do and everyday it seems to become more of a struggle. My sister said she thinks it's impossible to fully get over someone until you meet someone new but I have no interest in getting back out there because I'm still in love with my ex. I want to reach out as much as my body wants air but my pride keeps me from doing so.

If you ever figure it out, let me know :)