Ex blocked me on FB after 8 wks NC... Why?

She broke it off, and wanted to be friends straight away. Two weeks of emotional texts (from me, hers were very pragmatic and controlled). Ran into her two weeks after i initiated NC, she tried to make trivial conversation. I asked her not to talk to me and reminded her of how she treated me (in a polite way of course).

Why would you block somebody out of the blue like that? Over it.

Absolutely. Especially because you asked her not to contact you..

Sounds like you secretly want her to contact you, otherwise this wouldn't bother you so much. Blocking is an easy way to avoid the temptation and pain that comes from heartbreak. Move on, best of luck

• Author
pain that comes from heartbreak.

She's the one who broke it off. And has shown NO sign of hearbreak.

Yeah, I guess deep down, I was hoping she would apologize... Or, at the very least, not shut me out completely.

I had not contacted her, so no need for her to block me. But, typical, she has to be the first to do everything: end it, then want it back, then end it, then want to be friends, then want nothing to do with me.

Whatever. I know deep down she's doing me a favour, I just fail to understand why people she's trying to hurt me. I would never have blocked her on FB because i didn't want to hurt her. Now, I've had it.

Sorry, just to clarify, the blocking came 6 weeks after i've seen her (8 weeks NC from me).

Edited by Soak

And I get what you're saying, but sometimes blocking a person isn't to hurt them, its to protect themselves. She's probably tired of the pattern that you guys have going on so she's trying to put it to a stop. It's healthiest for both of you just to move on, and maybe down the road when she is in a better place she will reach out.

• Like 2

I agree with user above. I'm not a social media enthusiast but 'blocking' someone of whom you may or may not still feel strongly for, is a good decision to ensure that you do not contact them and they cannot contact you.

There's an abundance of reasons why she may have done so, but considering you seem confident enough to admit that you do not care then it should not be something that even crosses your mind in the slightest, let alone provoke you.

• Like 1