2 years and still

Abdulelah

Hello, so I was involved in a long distance relationship for about 2ys and 6m honestly viewing how things went after 2 ys from break up I can say that things weren't going well, during 2ys we broke up 3 times, we were fighting almost on a monthly basis...etc

Important piece of information thought we broke up due to the distance, and after we knew that things will not work ( marriage) due to our parents. We knew this a year after dating when we introduced each other, but we kept dating although they refused, but then eventually we were so occupied with the idea that it might and might not happen, so what I can tell that we forced to break up but even thought the relationship wasn't that great either.

Anyhow as mentioned above It is been 2 years since we broke up.

I have dated 3 girls since then.

Sorry for long introduction, the problem now is, I can't get her out of my head whenever a romantic situation pops up ( song, movie...etc)

I used to that ( though it is anoying) what shocks me and made me writing this post is that 3 days back I received a text from a girl that I broke up with 6 months wanting me to go back, I unconsciously from full heart wished it was this girl I'm talking about.

I mean I already having a relationship now, I love mygf but still...

If anyone knows why is that or how I can fix it, a comment or anything would help, thank you and sorry for long post

Grieving takes time & there is no calendar for this. Two years to mourn an unhealthy LDR does sound excessive.

Look at the objective points. You fought monthly. You broke up 3x while you were together. These are all signs it was a dysfunctional relationship. Try making a list of all the ways the relationship didn't work. Re-read it.

An occasional stray thought about an EX is not a terrible thing. At various times I still think about different men I dated even though I love & cherish my husband. Those thoughts are random. I don't sit here pining for those guys wishing I was with them not DH.

You say you have a new GF. Were you really ready for a new relationship or was she a rebound? Have you ever stood on your own, with no love interest for a significant period of time, 6 months+ by choice? Perhaps you need to do that.

• Like 1

Took me 3.5 years to get over my biggest relationship ending. We were together for 8 years when we broke up and it was pretty hard...To this day over 5 years later I still randomly say her name when I am stressing out about something. Lol it's wired because I at this point have no desire to get back with her, and we are even legit friends and have conversations abouts each others current relationships and sex lives. What I'm getting at is it will pass, just accept that you genuinely loved her and that it will take a while. As long as you're not super depressed, just go with it my friend :bunny: