How to deal with constant rejection and a life of loneliness

dogwin

I just don't know what to do anymore.

Keep going...you only have to get it right once. That's what I tell myself on a daily basis.

Try a different tactic. Do something outside of your comfort zone. Be the kind of friend you seek. Smile a people. Be optimistic

• Author

So, I'm 28 and have never dated. I've really been struggling after my latest rejection, which was yesterday. I've tried to stay positive throughout the years, but it's starting to be too much. I'm a bit afraid of what might happen if I have to be rejected again.

I've tried to stay positive throughout the years, but it's starting to be too much.

dogwin,

You may find it extremely worthwhile to 'take yourself outside of yourself' for a period of time -- by which I mean: turn your attention, Energies and focus to

being involved with Life at a level other than romance. For example, become a volunteer for a cause that is close to you in heart (pet shelter, sick children's hospital or hospice, serve on international aid or relief projects, serve in the Big Brother/Sister organization, serve in some capacity to the blind or aged.)

The point is to become part of an activity that naturally allows who you are to shine through - people of like mind and like heart will find that attractive - without you

having to struggle.

You can also find a community of 'like-mindeds' through, especially, artistic-type classes -- music, dancing, singing, drawing/painting, film/video, etc.

in Love and Light.

Ronni

• Like 2
So, I'm 28 and have never dated. I've really been struggling after my latest rejection, which was yesterday. I've tried to stay positive throughout the years, but it's starting to be too much. I'm a bit afraid of what might happen if I have to be rejected again.

You are a late bloomer.

Do you have friends / buddies to hang out with? What do you do to fight loneliness?

I understand you are seeking romance not friendship but platonic socialization is important too.

As painful as it is, can you walk us through this latest rejection? Perhaps we can pinpoint where you went wrong.

I don't know what you mean by "a bit afraid of what might happen if I have to be rejected again". If you are contemplating self harm, please consider therapy. Also understand everybody gets rejected & you probably will be rejected again before you find somebody to date. It's a process.

• Like 1

You've got quite a bit of advice on finding yourself, doing activities that are fulfilling emotionally, etc. All wonderful advice that I even find myself in much need of haha.

But, what kind of raises my eyebrow, is your last statement. Why is there such an emphasis on dating? I mean, yes, being 28 and not having had a date is viewed odd in our society. There's nothing wrong with it though. Hell, people are getting married at the age of like 35! Rejection is completely normal. There's no reason to feel such despair from being rejected.

What do you think having a date will accomplish? Of course, everyone wants to be loved by a significant other. However, I feel like your fear of what will happen if you get rejected signifies that there's something deeper than just feeling good from having a date.

Sorry, if I am digging too deep. Bad habit of constantly asking questions... :(

Can't wait to hear from you,

-WhatDEWWWWW

Don't look at rejection as a failure. It's a win because you had the balls to try.

Moreover, rejection early on is good as it stops you from wasting your time.

As you get older you'll realize the regrets you have are from those situations where you didn't bother trying for whatever reason.

With women it is a numbers game. The more you try the more you will get rejected. But also it will increase your chances of success.

I can't count how many times I was rejected - I don't really care. What makes me happy is that I tried and landed some good women (or at least hot ones).

Rejection is no fun but it is a part of dating and a part of life.

Hang in there bro.

• Like 1