Can you die of a broken heart even if you're healthy?

Nabely

The next day after this New Year, my 90 year-old old great-grandmother suddenly passed away. Even the doctors informed us that she had no existing pre-conditions, heart failure nor any medical issues. There was nothing wrong with her.

She was a very healthy and active woman for her age and didn't suffer dementia either. This is the update to my previous post:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/coping/585119-my-great-grandmother-just-found-out-my-grandfather-died

Though it was ruled that she apparently died from old age, we all noticed that from the time she found my grandfather (her only child) died, she fell into a deep depression and never recovered since. She would keep saying how she wants to be with him already and some days would hardly speak to any of us. We all believe she would have more than likely lived a bit more if my grandpa were still alive.

Edited by Nabely

It's not really a medical condition but it is part of the will to live. Look at Carrie Fischer & Debbie Reynolds.

I'm sorry about the losses your family suffered. Please accept my condolences.