Want assistance with understanding

mrada34

My ex broke up with me almost 8 months ago. It was a little weird of a breakup because I actually got a little clingy towards the end, but we went completely no contact after about a couple of weeks of teying to stay friends. I sent out a small text to her after the 8 months feeling a little guilty and just said a simple "Hey, hope you're doing good. And just wanted to say sorry for, well, everything." That's kinda paraphrasing. Said it better than that, but I sent it. She responded back saying that it was honestly all just a mess and that she was sorry for her part too. I asked if she still thought things needed to be weird between us, and she said that she would like to be friends again. When I asked a few days later if she would like to be facebook friends again, thoigh, (we used to be pretty good friends on there before then) she responded saying that she thought it would be best not to push it right now. I said, I understood if things were still a little weird between us. And if they were, don't worry about it. She updated me shortly on sometiing happening in her life. I said I that it was great and was happy for her. The conversation was a short and she didn't seem really like she was wanting to talk. So I ended with saying, "Well, hey, no hard feelings. I'll always be here if you ever feel ready and/or would like to talk." To which she replied "Alright :)" We have a lot of interests in common. And like I said, we were friends beforehand for a few years. So, I've always been at least open to being friends with her again. But, I'm wanting to do the right thing by her. What do you all think?