Crush?

Hi everyone. This is my first post in this forum. If my thread is not in the suitable section of the forum, the moderator is free to move it.

In 2001, during my gap year, I was backpacking around in Asia and Australia. My friend who was with me had a minor accident in Queensland and had to have some medical assistance. We were out in the middle of nowhere but they sent out medical help by airplane and two flight nurses helped him. Quick fix.

To make a long story a short one, I was completely struck by one the nurses, completely struck. All I have ever known has been her first name and even though it has been 15 years since the only time I saw her I still remember her very well. Blonde, tall, tanned and fit. She wore pearl earrings and her hair in a side part with a ponytail. She had this very stern and posh British accent. Somewhere around 25, no older than 30. She was gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.

On and off over the years she has come to my mind but the thoughts have been more of a "I wonder what she is doing now" context and style.

Some time ago I turned single after a long-term relationship and then I thought of trying to see if I could get in touch with this girl - with the risk of coming across as a nutcase and stalker.

It turned out, she died from cancer in 2008. She turned 33. This is all I know. The person I managed to get in touch with wouldn't say anything more due to integrity, which I fully respect.

Death happens to all of us, I know. But, I can't help to feel... shocked? And maybe sad? The strangest of all, I never knew her, I only knew her first name but clearly she left an impression on me. In all fairness, she probably never thought of me after our "brief meeting" back in 2001 and the few things we talked about were about my friend and his accident. She probably never would have remembered me either.

It's a very strange feeling to feel this way over a person I only met briefly 15 years ago. I just really hope she wasn't alone, scared or in any pain and that she really had a good life.

So, how much of a nutcase am I coming across as?

It's not healthy. It's not fate or anything relating to magic and that's for sure. Your life might be suffering something and you used that for a distraction. Maybe your perception of love has brought you to believe in this love.. I don't think anything can happen now that she's dead.. I don't know, you can talk to her if you want. I wish I could give you more advice. Not usual but if it's how you feel, then it's real..

• Like 1