Why am i not over him after months?

kicksp

long story short. I meet a guy online who was in the army who was going to retire in 3 months. We spoke every day and he even took a trip down to see me once. He was sweet, handsome, friendly and everything I wanted in a man. He promised me that after he retired from the army he was going to spend time with me when he comes back home. For the last 2 months, I texted this guy non-stop every single day, I kinda got really attached to him. We made plans that after he comes back he was gong to take me hiking, etc. Anyways after he came back home he started acting weird. I texted him one week later asking him; what did I do wrong? did I said something to him that was off? He responded and told me he had PTSD, that he was depressed and it wasn't anything that I do. Come to find out that he got back with his ex.

It has been 6 months and I'm still thinking about this guy. WHY??? I recently found out he broke up with his ex for a week and got together with her. WHY AM I STILL THINKING ABOUT HIM? WHY DOES IT BOTHER ME? WHY DO I FEEL LIKE ****? why am I JEALOUS? WHY DO I SECRETLY WISH HE BREAKS UP WITH HER?

Welcome to Loveshack.

It takes as long as it takes.

Have you done any grieving?

Have you cried about it?

Take care.

• Like 3

Wow. I am in a very similar situation right now with a guy I met online this is so uncanny! I'm still not over him either but here are some things that have helped me cope.

Traveling. I went up to Toronto to visit my close male friend for a weekend. I disconnected from the Internet and enjoyed my time with an old friend in a city I've never been to. Experiance the world! Make new lasting memories to distance yourself from the old ones.

Try to get some new perspective. Read books on spirituality even if you're not religious.

Spend time with family if you haven't seen them in awhile. Spend time with friends and get busy meeting new interesting and unique people who live close by. Trust me, they're out there.