Why does my life seem to be going in circles?

DatingDirection

DatingDirection

What's the point of life anymore? I'm learning about the aging process in school, and it truly hit me. Life seems to go by so fast, i can't keep up. There are so many things i want to do in this life, I want to travel, go to parties on the beach, meet wonderful like minded people. I want to be in the best physical body, run marathons, write an article and have it published. While time seems to pass me by, and my life seems to be going around in circles: the cycle usually is...working, then studying, then spending years being depressed, in and out of hospitals, stagnant, and broke.

I'm not sure if im making any sense here?

I'm just not enjoying life as it is, and i have this idea in my head that things will get better, but they never seem to get better, they just go around in circles. I'm back in school once again, the outcome = years lost to studying in the library on to be a slave working for peanuts?

What am i doing wrong?

What makes you happy?

Are you close to family? Do you have a pet?

When was the last time you laughed and had a good time? Was it while watching a movie? Or, with a friend? Or, with family? Or, while on a trip? Or, during a class?

• Like 1
  • Author
DatingDirection
What makes you happy?

Are you close to family? Do you have a pet?

When was the last time you laughed and had a good time? Was it while watching a movie? Or, with a friend? Or, with family? Or, while on a trip? Or, during a class?

I watched two good movies last night. Took a break from studying.

Don't have close family or pets.

What makes me happy? Being able to afford fresh fruits and veggies, and meats. Having a nice place to live (which i don't have). Dinner parties, concerts, dancing, gym etc. (Don't have alot of friends)

But i think the point is, in the long run, im going to be well into my 30's, and just starting out in a career path, with no savings, and maybe a job that pays 15 per hour to start. Or if im lucky maybe it will pay more who knows? But never really having been anywhere, no boyfriend or children.

Nikki Sahagin

Yes I feel like this a lot, even though I have done a lot of travelling and had a lot of fun. I feel 'trapped' by life a lot so I really relate to you. I think a big part of my problem is that I watched so many movies as a kid that I wanted/expected my life to be that way and reality is a little more...flat quite often.

I think the key is to remember that the only person who can make your life anything is you. That's a lot of responsible but at least you know no-one else can have that influence.

Write an 'adventure book.' Write down everything that you ever dreamnt about. See if you can accomplish one thing from the list a month, even if it something small.

• Like 2
I think a big part of my problem is that I watched so many movies as a kid that I wanted/expected my life to be that way

You stole the words right out of my mouth. I will elaborate a bit more on what I was going to say.

I was watching a movie last night, some guy who lived in a mansion, had a real name for himself and successful business, money was not an issue, lots of time to party and have fun, he was fit and loved himself, bungee jumping, marathons, jumping out of crap high in the sky, more parties more fun more good food and fine dining and all this and that. Youve seen movies like this too.

The problem is.... this movie like others, they dont show that guy working a 12 hour shift, only to get up early the next day to phonecalls about work. You dont see him sitting on his bed alone cause of times when nobody is calling. You dont see him constipated on the toilet and eating crappy food and going to the grocery store. What I am saying is, movies are drama and excitement. They are not about mundane parts of life. The average person does not live like the guy in the movie.. and if someone does, then they usually are not happy in other ways. I think its great that you recognize where this feeling originated from, I think you are really onto something. Life is hard, but keep it up! You cant do everything you see others doing, but that does not mean you cannot fully enjoy yourself with the things you get into and choose to spend your time on.

Edited by gorf
You stole the words right out of my mouth. I will elaborate a bit more on what I was going to say.

I was watching a movie last night, some guy who lived in a mansion, had a real name for himself and successful business, money was not an issue, lots of time to party and have fun, he was fit and loved himself, bungee jumping, marathons, jumping out of crap high in the sky, more parties more fun more good food and fine dining and all this and that. Youve seen movies like this too.

The problem is.... this movie like others, they dont show that guy working a 12 hour shift, only to get up early the next day to phonecalls about work. You dont see him sitting on his bed alone cause of times when nobody is calling. You dont see him constipated on the toilet and eating crappy food and going to the grocery store. What I am saying is, movies are drama and excitement. They are not about mundane parts of life. The average person does not live like the guy in the movie.. and if someone does, then they usually are not happy in other ways. I think its great that you recognize where this feeling originated from, I think you are really onto something. Life is hard, but keep it up! You cant do everything you see others doing, but that does not mean you cannot fully enjoy yourself with the things you get into and choose to spend your time on.

I like how "In the movies" they never even get/pay for gas in their cars. :laugh: