She's Engaged

ManyDissapoint

Sorry to hear.

I read your story and it seems like you're a nice guy. You did all you could for your ex, still she left. That's enough to show that she was not meant to be with you, so continue sticking to that.

Just like you said, these thoughts will be erased whenever you meet another woman you like. Sometimes it takes very long, but don't give up. The fact you said on your 1 year progress post that you've given up on your dream of marrying/having a family shows negativity and I believe that when you feel that way about something, it usually happens, so get rid of these thoughts. You will meet someone new. At the right time.

You'll be fine, let it go. :)

I'm an idiot and did some spying. My ex who brought me here 18 months ago is engaged. :sick:

Crap this hurts.

Going through the same exact thing. I'm sorry. And yes it does hurt.

Yuck. I remember when I found out my ex was engaged. It takes away any notion that you were special to him/her. In the long run, it's good to find out. It hurts in the short term, but you know you can close the door for good.

I was relieved when I found out my ex was engaged. Even more relieved when she got married. It was like a weight lifted from my shoulders. Like I was finally free and she was finally fully out of my life.

Makes me smile now to just think about it ....

• Like 1
  • Author
ManyDissapoint
I was relieved when I found out my ex was engaged. Even more relieved when she got married. It was like a weight lifted from my shoulders. Like I was finally free and she was finally fully out of my life.

Makes me smile now to just think about it ....

I think I'm headed in that direction. I went topsy turvy for about a day there. Much more so because she contacted me out of the blue to rub it in my face among other things. Realized that she is never going to change and it was a reminder about the bad parts of her personality.

Just a day and a half later and I'm feeling better though. Might be a bit of lightness I'm feeling, I don't know.

Thanks for the words all.

wow she contacted you to tell you and rub it in? lol. The good news is, the universe has its ways on dealing with things. I am a huge believer in that.

For her, its coming.

• Like 1