How's this for breadcrumbs?

andie1969

Went to the movies today, came out to text from my ex who I haven't seen/talked to in almost 3 months. The text? Telling me he had got Netflix and was almost caught up with a show I had told him I liked. WTF?! I need to stay strong and not succumb to that drivel!

• Like 1

Common. I used to get those random text messages about Netflix, a movie, football game, etc.

Throwing out bait. Hoping you'll bite. Probably bored and looking for attention.

• Like 1

Succumb to what? He was just telling you that you were right about a show. No breadcrumbs here.

However, if you think he's full of drivel, just block him.

• Like 1
  • Author
Succumb to what? He was just telling you that you were right about a show. No breadcrumbs here.

However, if you think he's full of drivel, just block him.

This ex and I broke up & got together once before, I know his game. So easy to fall back into old patterns of texting which I don't want to do.

• Like 1

I used to get that type of stuff too. One time, my ex texted me to tell me he had worn a tie I bought him. Stupid stuff. It used to boost my ego for a bit though. I think you need to look at why you aren't blocking him and why you are worried about what he texts you. The answer to that is far more important than what he is texting you.

• Like 1
  • Author

I'm not really worried about it, just sharing here instead of replying to him. It would be so easy to do, simply because it was comfortable, even though I know I don't want to be back together.

• Like 1
I'm not really worried about it, just sharing here instead of replying to him. It would be so easy to do, simply because it was comfortable, even though *I know I don't want to be back together.

*Sounds like a good time to block him.

• Like 1

Maybe he wants to show that he's still thinking of you... Only on a really shallow, insignificant level.

• Like 3
Scarlett.O'hara
I'm not really worried about it, just sharing here instead of replying to him. It would be so easy to do, simply because it was comfortable, even though I know I don't want to be back together.

It always starts off so innocently. You start to think there is no harm in answering one, and then you get hooked again.

You are smart enough to know the dangers.

Stay strong.

• Like 2
freebird31

I got a text once from my ex right after our breakup that said he found a stray cat in the park and wanted to know if I wanted it. LOL. I am allergic to cats by the way, which he knows.....yeah, dont reply. It means nothing. I do consider it a breadcrumb.

• Like 3
TheLoveBelow92
Maybe he wants to show that he's still thinking of you... Only on a really shallow, insignificant level.

Thats exactly all it is, he just wants you to know that hes still thinking about you if he didnt care he wouldnt text.