Just attention seeking ???

Hello ladies! I'm (28) new here and your advice would be very appreciated. I'm trying to keep it short.

There's this woman (26) I have known for a couple of years and one year ago something started to change between us. She started showing to be interested in me (inviting me to do things together, starring at me when we went out, sending me a lot if pictures of herself and her pets, ...). Everything was fine but she got jealous when I was talking to other female friends. Once I saw her again she was behaving very differently, aggressively trying to make me jealous by talking about another guy she was dating (one of her friends told me that's probably not true). I was stupid enough to play her game too so we were constantly teasing each other. We stopped talking to each other for a few weeks until I saw her again with mutual friends. I was scared because of what happened last time and tried to keep her at distance and flirted with other women although she was very kind to me (I disappeared with one of them for a few hours; no sex). After that she didn't talk to me for a while, probably because she was jealous (and not only drunk as she said).

I said sorry for everything and we started texting again, sometimes for hours and she was very kind; sending me pics again and stuff. So I asked her out but she didn't give me an answer but nevertheless tried to extend our conversation. I thought maybe I pissed her off because of my behaviour and give her more time. A few weeks later I asked ger again to do something and she seemed happy I asked and told me she would have a look what we could do. She sent me a link about an event i was "interested" in on facebook on the same date and said I could go there, without her.

I was really pissed of she rejected me again and told her I hope we can be friends as it used to be before. As a reaction she blocked me on social media for 3 weeks but in the meantime sending me songs we have been listening together. That confused me; as she would like to say sorry.

I never asked her out again but we saw each other in between. She is still kind to me, especially when I say I would like to meet someone new she gets jealous.

Do you think she is still interested or am I maybe dealing with an attention seeker? She told me earlier she feels alone sometimes and scares guys away. Additionally, I have the feeling she is rather insecure and immature for her age. Plus, I have to admit, I still have feelings for her. Do you have an idea how to deal her?

Thank you very much!

• Like 1
Heatemyheart89

There is too much game playing going on here I am afraid. I would go no contact with her for a while. It doesn't seem like it is going anywhere, you have asked her out and she rejected it.

Good luck :)

• Author

Thank you for the answer. Yes, a lot of games as you say. I won't text/call or do anything else. In case she just feels alone and needs attention the best medicine is not to give it to her I think.

Any other suggestions? :)

Trust your intuition. You’re feeling confused for a reason; she’d definitely sending mixed signals and seems to be constantly seeking attention. However, that attention seem to be drama fueled. As a result, I can’t help but think that the best way to deal with her is “at a distance”. Until she can communicate maturely then this could be a continued cycle between you two. I hope this helps. Sending you positive vibes and blessings.

• Author

She seems to be happy when I talk to her and unhappy when I don't. But I better keep her at a distance, no matter how she might be feeling. There's nothing anymore I can do.